What's New with the WebPT EMR?
Looking to find out what's new with the WebPT EMR? You're in the right place! This page will keep you informed about our latest system enhancements. Please be advised that while we make every effort to ensure updates are released at the scheduled date and time, we occasionally experience unforeseen circumstances that may cause a delay. Don't worry, though—we'll continue to regularly update this page and provide ample communication for any changes.
⭐Looking to find out what's in the works? Click here!
Saturday, October 1, 2022 at 4:00PM PT
Wednesday, September 28, 2022 at 4:00PM PT
Added Company Setting to Prevent Daily Note Finalization: To ensure members remain compliant with Medicare standards and prevent claim denials as a result of documenting outside of an active Plan of Care, we have added a new Company Setting to prevent daily note finalization!
Analytics - Added Plan of Care Report: Our team created a new Plan of Care report within WebPT Analytics that includes both SOAP 1.0 and SOAP 2.0 data! This analysis grid style report allows Members to view certification status and signature status, which will allow them to identify Plans of Care that need to be re-certified or are pending a physician signature.
Tuesday, September 13, 2022 at 4:00PM PT
Analytics - Defect Corrected:
Previously, the NEW Missed/Open Notes Report was not displaying treating diagnosis codes when they were present on open notes. This report was also not correctly handling the Case Mismatch feature. Both of these issues have been resolved. The treating diagnosis codes will display if present on an open note and the case mismatch field will represent a Yes/No where applicable.
Wednesday, September 7, 2022 at 4:00PM PT
Launched Chip Reader: Members will now have the ability to use EMV Chip Reader devices for integrated payments, instead of the older card swipe devices previously used with WorldPay. The set-up process takes a few additional steps to add devices to a clinic, but once set-up the user experience is similar to using integrated payments, and provides more options for taking payments (chip, tap, or swipe), in a more secure manner. Click here to learn more!
Improved Debt Payment Processing: Members now have an improved ability to process debit payments and handle reversals from upgrades to our integrated payments feature. Additionally, messaging has been added to the payment log to provide insight into which charges are non-refundable.
Added Insurance Name and Referring Provider Name Preferences for PDFs: In order to provide Members with a more customizable experience when creating PDFs, we've added a new company setting to remove the insurance and/or referring physician names from PDFs if desired.
Wednesday, August 31, 2022 at 4:00PM PT
Previously, Members would run into errors when attempting to share a SOAP 2.0 template or profile. This issue has now been resolved; shared content will appear in the new companies as expected and be ready for use immediately. Click here to learn more about Templates and Profiles!
Previously, the Assistant modifier was not correctly applied for Medicare and Tricare insurance provider when updated by the inbound integration interface. This issue has now been resolved, and the Apply Assistant modifiers setting is correctly enabled and applied for Medicare and Tricare insurance providers when imported in to the EMR.
Previously, when generating an Evaluative note sometimes the Daily Note did not generate, or members were addending their Evaluation Note but the linked Daily Note was not addending with it. These issues have both been resolved; now the Note will provide error messaging indicating that the it was not correctly saved (due to an error in linking the Evaluative note and the Daily Note or an error in linking the addendum to the Daily Note), prompting the member to re-save the note (which will correctly save and link, depending upon either error).
Extended Edit Patient Permissions: We completed a permissions audit to ensure proper behavior of user permissions. If your user is not able to perform the needed actions, contact your clinic's user manager to ensure you have the needed permissions. (This was added on Thursday, September 1, 2022 - we apologize in the delay in notifying you about this change.)
Wednesday, August 24, 2022 at 4:00PM PT
MIPS Tab "Verification in Progress" Prevents Finalization of Re-Exams: MIPS reporting clinics reported an issue where the "Verification in Progress" message on the MIPS tab was preventing therapists from finalizing re-examination notes. We have converted the MIPS logic in this note type to match that of a Progress Note, so these notes can now be finalized correctly.
Wednesday, August 3, 2022 at 4:00PM PT
Analytics - Updated Claims Feed Report: The Claims Feed report in Analytics has been changed to an analysis grid style report. The date of service and finalizing therapist is also now accurately populated. An updated knowledge base article can be found here. Click here to learn more!
Defect Corrected: Defect Corrected: MIPS reporting clinics reported an issue where the "Verification in Progress" message on the MIPS tab was preventing therapists from finalizing re-examination notes. We have converted the MIPS logic in this note type to match that of a Progress Note, so these notes can now be finalized correctly.
Wednesday, July 27, 2022 at 4:00PM PT
Added New/ Missed Open Notes Report: The new Missed/Open Notes Report in WebPT Analytics now accurately shows outstanding notes. Previously, the report showed notes as missing or open that had already been finalized. Additionally, the treating diagnosis code(s) will show in this report if the treating diagnosis code is entered on the open note.
Monday, July 25, 2022 at 4:00PM PT
EMR to Keet Integration: Members can now take advantage of a modern, high-speed integration of patients, appointments, and case data to the Keet platform. The real-time integration gives access to the Keet Engage, Outcomes, and RTM dashboard products, to assist with patient engagement, performance tracking, and remote therapeutic monitoring. One improvement from the historical integration is that the Supervising Provider on an Episode of Care in Keet is now set from the Assigned Therapist on a patient Case in WebPT. Likewise, the Episode of Care title in Keet is now derived directly from the Case Title in WebPT. Please note that for a Planned Encounter to be in the Keet system, it must be marked as "Confirmed" on the WebPT Scheduler. Click here to learn more.
Tuesday, June 5, 2022 at 4:00PM PT
Analytics - Updated the Medicare Threshold Report: The Medicare Threshold Report in WebPT Analytics now includes SOAP 1.0 and SOAP 2.0 data for the current calendar year and will match to the Patient Chart. Our team has also included the modifiers and CPT codes so Members can evaluate how close their patients are to meeting the defined thresholds. Tentative full access is early July.
Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 6:00PM PT
Analytics - Report Conversion: Referrals Report: The Referrals Report in WebPT Analytics now pulls data from our updated data warehouse (Snowflake). Previously, this report pulled data from legacy technology (Vertica). The updated data warehouse will result in a more accurate data set.
Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 3:00PM PT
Dynmasoft Upgrade 2022: Due to routine security and compatibility efforts, the plugin that supports the QuickScan functionality has been updated. In order to continue using QuickScan you will need to download and install the correct Twain driver software. Click here to learn more.
Tuesday, 21, 2022 at 3:00PM PT
NCCI Edits: Each Quarter, NCCI releases an updated set of Edit Rules set to go into effect at the beginning of each quarter. Rather than having Billers remove the code pairs that will no longer be in use, WebPT Billing will delete the 32 code pairs for them. Starting on Friday, July 1, 2022, the following 32 code pairs will be deleted from WebPT Billing. Click here to see the deleted code pairs.
Wednesday, June 8, 2022 at 4:00PM PT
Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 4:00PM PT
Analytics - New Missed Notes Report: Members are now able to view their open and missed notes reports in one Missed Notes report with an added note status column to clarify whether the note is open or missing. Additionally, the creation of this report resulted in resolving an issue that had been preventing completed notes in SOAP 2.0 to accurately show on the missed notes report.
Supervised By: Therapist Assistant Finalization Setting: Please note not all Therabill members were included in the initial rollout of this feature. This update will now bring the 'Supervised by' functionality to all Therabill integrated members. As a result, your assistant data will begin to flow from the EMR to Therabill as expected.
Once a supervising therapist is chosen, therapy assistants can finalize notes given they have the correct permissions. This removes the need for supervising therapists to cosign notes that were forwarded to them by assistants. Click here to learn more.
Wednesday, May 11, 2022 at 4:00PM PT
Update to Edit Patient and View Patient Permission: Some Members who were able to previously edit patients will now need the Edit Patient permission to be enabled for them to ensure the appropriate user setting. Please note that in order to do this, Members will also need their “View Patients” permission to be enabled.
Wednesday, May 4, 2022 at 4:00PM PT
MIPS Update for HM7: Our MIPS measure stewards are required to review the performance of their measures each year and adjust them as needed to ensure their accuracy. To continue providing Members with quality compliance assistance, our team has updated the risk adjustment calculation for HM 7 in order to provide accurate comparisons among patients who have different characteristics that may influence their recovery time and capabilities. Click here to learn more!
Analytics - Added Document Visits Report: The Documented Visits report was created to replace the Patient Notes report in order to provide Members a more accurate way to view all documented visits regardless of the EMR platform being used. This report includes SOAP 1.0 and 2.0 data on documented finalized notes including treating diagnoses, total units billed, documenting, and finalizing therapists. Additionally, the Documented Visits report will have the following new fields not available in our Patient Notes report: EMR Patient ID, Visit ID, Medical Diagnosis and Total Units.
- (WebPT + Outcomes) Previously, when Members would add an Amputee Assessment OMT a "Syntax Error" pop up would appear, preventing the note from finalizing. This issue has now been resolved and Members are able to successfully add Amputee Assessment OMTs.
- (WebPT + Outcomes) Previously Members were unable to finalize Progress notes when reporting on IROMS measures for MIPS and the Initial Exam was listed under a different facility than the Progress note. This issue has now been resolved and Members are able to finalize Progress notes in different facilities.
- (WebPT + Outcomes) After a recent release on Saturday, April 28 the "Assigned Note" picklist had difficulties loading when Members attempted to upload a signed eDocs. This issue has been resolved and Members will now be able to view the “Assigned Note” picklist when they upload a signed eDocs.
Tuesday, April 26, 2022 at 4:00PM PT
Analytics - Added New Fields to the Documented Units Report and Resolved Issues: The following new fields have been added to the Documented Units report : EMR Patient ID, Case Name, Patient Date of Birth and Treating Diagnosis. Our team has also resolved the following issues:
- Members are now able to finalize notes successfully
- CPT codes will now populate accurately
- Finalizing therapist will now match the source system
Wednesday, April 20, 2022 at 4:00 PM PT
Wednesday, April 13, 2022 at 4:00 PM PT
Added Account Notes: Account Notes are now available for WebPT EMR and Billing Members. This new feature is a great way for the front office and back office to communicate about patient information in the clinic. The new Account Note icon will be visible on the patient chart (for patient's present in both the WebPT EMR and Billing). Click here to learn more.
Defect Corrected: Previously, Members when Members disabled MIPS Measures 128, 130, and 134 a "SystemException" error would occur, preventing documentation. This issue has now been resolved and Members are now able to disable MIPS Measures 128, 130, and 134 without disruption to their documentation.
Wednesday, April 6, 2022 at 5:00PM PT
MIPS Update: Members are now able to report to the following IROMS measures for patients who meet the requirements so long as Members are enabled to report on MIPS and have selected the appropriate IROMS measure as the discipline for their clinic.
- IROMS 13: Click here to learn more!
- IROMS 15: Click here to learn more!
- IROMS 17: Click here to learn more!
- IROMS 19: Click here to learn more!
Wednesday, March 23, 2022 at 9:00PM PT
NCCI Updates: Each quarter, NCCI releases an updated set of Edit Rules set to go into effect at the beginning of each quarter. Rather than having Billers remove the code pairs that will no longer be in use, WebPT Billing deleted the 14 code pairs for them. Starting on Wednesday, March 23, 2022, the following 14 code pairs will be deleted from WebPT Billing:
- Diagnostic analysis of cochlear implant, patient under 7 years of age; with programming
- Diagnostic analysis of cochlear implant, patient age 7 years or older; with programming
- 92603 |92561
- Diagnostic analysis of cochlear implant, patient under 7 years of age; subsequent reprogramming
- Diagnostic analysis of cochlear implant, age 7 years or older; subsequent reprogramming
- Diagnostic analysis with programming of auditory brainstem implant, per hour
- use of dynamic activities to improve functional performance
- Services performed by a qualified speech-language pathologist in the home health or hospice setting, each 15 minutes
Click here to learn more!
Friday, March 11, 2022 at 6:00PM PT
MIPS Update: Members are now able to report to IROMS 17 for patients who meet the requirements so long as Members are enabled to report on MIPS and have selected IROMS 17 as the discipline for their clinic. Click here to learn more!
Wednesday, March 9, 2022 at 6:00PM PT
- Previously, eBV transactions would appear to stay in Processing. This issue has now been resolved and all eBV transactions will move out of Processing when they are completed.
Wednesday, March 2, 2022 at 5:00PM PT
Added Multi-Clinic Mode to WebPT Scheduler: Members with the Multi-Clinic Mode permission are now able to save time by viewing and scheduling across multiple clinics; simply open a new tab and change the company and/or clinic being worked on without worrying about it affecting any of the other open tabs. Click here to learn more.
Added Therapist Versus Assistant Performed Minutes: To comply with the updated CMS 2022 rules on Assistant Modifiers, a new feature has been added for Members to input therapist versus assistant-performed minutes for each CPT. This feature will then auto-calculate which units should have the Assistant Modifier and which should not.
- To maintain consistency with the language used in the EMR Clinic Settings, the Therapist Assistant Supervision Verbiage has been updated to the following statement:
"Documentation and services listed above were reviewed and approved by the therapist supervising treatment and deemed to be medically indicated and necessary."
Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 5:00PM PT
Added Place of Service 10: Members are now able to use Place of Service 10 (POS 10) for documentation; this code represents Telehealth Provided in Patients Home and the old Telehealth code 2 is now updated to reflect Telehealth Provided Other than in a Patient’s Home.
Note: Members may want to hold off on using this code until payers have confirmed they are ready to use it. For example, Medicare plans to have it applicable 4/4/2022.
Improved Electronic Benefits Verification Report: Members who use Electronic Benefits Verification (eBV) will now see an improved PDF that provides the need-to-know information in an easier format, at the top of the report.
Wednesday, February 9, 2022, at 9:00 PM PT
Added Therapist Versus Assistant Performed Minutes: To comply with the updated CMS 2022 rules on Assistant Modifiers, a new feature has been added for Members to input therapist versus assistant-performed minutes for each CPT. This feature will then auto-calculate which units should have the Assistant Modifier and which should not.
Added Physician Admin Permission: The Physician Admin permission is not available in the User Manager. This permission provides users with the ability to add and edit physician profiles in Physician Manager. Members without this permission may only search and view physician profiles. This permission will be enabled for all current Members and will be turned off for all new Members; similar to all other permissions.
Updated the RVU / GPCI Conversion Factor: The RVU/GPCI conversion factor has been updated to reflect the newly released conversion rate in the Medicare Fee Schedule.
Wednesday, January 26, 2022, at 5:00 PM PT
Added Digital Patient Intake to EMR Integration (SOAP 1.0 Users): Members using SOAP 1.0 can now benefit from the same DPI to EMR workflow that therapists using SOAP 2.0 enjoy. With this new workflow, whenever Members have a digital patient intake for a patient, seven relevant fields from the intake will be imported directly into the Initial Evaluation. If there is an existing DPI in Reach, Members will be prompted with a confirmation and the data will not overwrite existing data. Click here to learn more.
Wednesday, January 13, 2022
Renamed the Billed Units reports in Analytics: Three Billed Units reports were renamed to Documented Units. This is because Analytics reports are based on the units documented on the patient’s IE or daily note, and once the note is finalized and submitted, claim scrubbing and processing may result in changes in what is documented on the note; thus differing from what was actually billed.
Important Note: Members may not be able to view, load or recover any Shared reports or Saved reports prior to January 14, 2022. Any affected reports should be re-built and shared as needed.
Wednesday, January 5, 2022, at 9:00 PM PT
MIPS 2022: Updated Measure 226 Verbiage: A small verbiage update will be added for Measure 226 to clarify the definition of a tobacco user.
- Current question: Is Patient A Tobacco User?
- Updated question: Is the patient a current tobacco user OR have they been a user within the last 12 months?
This update is now present with dates of service starting on January 1, 2022 and beyond.
MIPS 2022: As of January 2022, Measure 154 will no longer be available. After January 1, 2022 Measure 155 will now be triggered independent of Measure 154 whenever a patient is determined to be a fall risk using the following questions:
- History of Falls? Yes.
- Did the Patient fall two or more times OR one time with injury in the past 12 Months? Yes.
December 15, 2021, at 4:00 PM PT
2022 Medicare Updates: Each year, WebPT evaluates changes in Medicare regulations, such as fee schedule updates, new CPT® codes, and changes to the medicare threshold. The 2022 changes include the following and will be effective in both the WebPT EMR and our next-gen documentation system (SOAP 2.0) on January 1, 2022:
- Medicare threshold increase to $2,150.00 for physical therapy and speech-language pathology services combined and $2,150 for occupational therapy services alone.
- KX modifier alerts updated with new threshold amount
Conversion factor changed to $33.59. Click here to learn more.
MIPS 2022 Update: Removed Measure 154: Effective for notes with dates of service January 1, 2022 and beyond, Measure 154 will no longer be available to report on. CMS has decided to remove this measure. Members will still be able to report on measure 154 for notes with dates of service in 2021. Additionally, we are making an update for Measure 155 to be triggered independently of 154 and this will be coming soon!
Disabled Refund Button: The Refund button on the payment modal has been disabled when a Member attempts to make a refund after 45 days. A tooltip message will be added in-app to indicate that the payment is unable to be refunded after 45 days.
December 1, 2021, at 10:00 PM PT
Analytics - Defect Corrected: Previously, Members were unable to view 2022 visits in Analytics. This issue has been resolved and now 2022 visits will be displayed in reports, such as the Scheduled Visits Report.
November 19, 2021, at 7:00 PM PT
Added to MIPS Measure 128: The following two new exclusion options were added for Measure 128:
- BMI not Documented, Patient is currently pregnant
- BMI not Documented, Patient is receiving palliative care
Updated HM Measures 5 and 6: In addition to the October ICD-10 updates, the following adjustments were made to which ICD-10 codes will trigger HM Measures 5 and 6:
- The following codes will now trigger HM 5
- G4486 Cervicogenic headache
- M45A1 Non-radiographic axial spondyloarthritis of occipito-atlanto-axial region
- M45A2 Non-radiographic axial spondyloarthritis of cervical region
- M45A3 Non-radiographic axial spondyloarthritis of cervicothoracic region
- The following codes will now trigger HM6:
- M45A5 Non-radiographic axial spondyloarthritis of thoracolumbar region
- M45A6 Non-radiographic axial spondyloarthritis of lumbar region
- M45A7 Non-radiographic axial spondyloarthritis of lumbosacral region
- M5450 Low back pain, unspecified
- M5451 Vertebrogenic low back pain
- M5459 Other low back pain
- M470 Anterior Spinal and Vertebral artery compression syndromes
- M471 Other Spondylosis with myelopathy
- M472 Other Spondylosis with radiculopathy
- M479 Spondylosis, unspecified
- M47015 Anterior spinal artery compression syndromes, thoracolumbar region
- M47.016 Anterior spinal artery compression syndromes, lumbar region
November 17, 2021, at 5:00 PM PT
Improved Scheduler View: Improvements were made to the Scheduler when viewing multiple calendars at once. Calendar columns no longer shrink as additional calendars are added to ensure the Scheduler is legible with the appointment information. This change impacts both the day and the week view—And as the Scheduler grows in size, you can use the browser scroll bar at the bottom of the screen to slide your view to the right or left. This setting will default to On for all users. A toggle is found in the Settings tab of the Schedule Actions which will allow users to switch between the new Expanded Scheduler View and the older, Compressed View.
November 10, 2021, at 5:00 PM PT
Added Authorization Data to Scheduler: Members—especially Billers and Front Office users— can now see the status of Primary and Secondary Insurance Authorizations when hovering over an appointment on the Scheduler. Authorized visits or units used out of how many are allowed as well as the expiration date is visible depending on how the Authorization is provided. This feature can be added to Calendars by enabling it within the Company Settings.
- Previously, patient balances in the WebPT EMR displayed as $0 in the payments screen—even though a balance was shown in WebPT Billing—for companies added after 12/23/2020. This issue has been resolved and patient balances should display as intended.
November 3, 2021, at 5:00 PM PT
- Previously, when multiple users were editing in the Scheduler simultaneously, the auto-refresh would close the add/edit appointment window. This issue has been resolved and Members will no longer be interrupted when making changes in the Scheduler.
October 27, 2021, at 9:00 PM PT
Added Summary of Financial Responsibility Field to Insurance: In order to provide patients visibility into their financial responsibility with their visit and sign off on it, front office users can now utilize the optional Summary of Financial Responsibility field. If populated with text, the field will print with the patient information so patients can sign it as confirmation.
October 13, 2021, at 5:00 PM PT
Added Additional Fields to Quick Add Form
- Front office users can now add additional information at the case level from the Quick Add form. Any relevant information such as a surgeon, surgery date, etc., can be added and will populate as an alert on the SOAP 2.0 patient chart.
- A Preferred Name field has been added to the Quick Add form. This ensures patients are called by their preferred name if it’s different from their first name.
October 11, 2021, at 3:45 PM PT
Analytics - Adding New Patients Column to Month End Trends: A "New Patients" column—currently on the RevFlow (R4) Month End Trends report (Monthly Stats by POS)—will be added to the Month End Trends report to achieve parity between the versions and continue to enable Billing users to see the number of new patients for the given month. Click here to learn more.
Analytics - Including Insurance Class Aging Summary in Month End Reports: The Analytics portal for Month End reports now includes Insurance Class Aging Summary (equivalent to InsClass Aging by Current Insurance in RevFlow (R4). This is different from the existing Insurance Class Aging Summary, which was renamed to Insurance Class Aging Minus Liens and Credits. This report will only cover the initial panel in InsClass Aging by Current Insurance in RevFlow (R4). A separate report named Insurance Class Aging Detail will cover the details. This is the RevFlow (R4) report that’s being replaced in Analytics.
October 1, 2021 at 6:00 PM PT
Analytics - Month-End Reporting: New month-end reports are now available in Analytics for WebPT EMR + WebPT Billing Members. Click here to learn more about these reports and answers to frequently asked questions.
Analytics - Changed Title of “Insurance Class Aging Summary” Report: The existing Insurance Class Aging Summary for Month End Reports in Analytics is being renamed to Insurance Class Aging Minus Liens and Credits to more accurately reflect which RevFlow (R4) report it is replacing. This will be reflected in the Analytics menu and on the report page itself for WebPT EMR + WebPT Billing Members. Click here to learn more.
Analytics - Included Insurance Class Aging Summary in Month End Reports: The Analytics portal for Month End reports now includes Insurance Class Aging Summary (equivalent to InsClass Aging by Current Insurance in RevFlow (R4). This is different from the existing Insurance Class Aging Summary, which will be renamed to Insurance Class Aging Minus Liens and Credits. The Insurance Class Aging Summary will include liens and credits. This report will only cover the initial panel in InsClass Aging by Current Insurance in RevFlow (R4). A separate report named Insurance Class Aging Detail will cover the details. This is the RevFlow (R4) report that’s being replaced in Analytics. (applicable for WebPT EMR + WebPT Billing Members)
Analytics - Patient Case Status: The Patient Case Status report for each case was displaying multiple records for each insurance change on the case. This change will now only display the latest insurance on the case. Additionally, the "EMR Patient ID" field has been added for users to be able to identify unique patients since multiple patients may have the same first and last name. Note: If the case was started in 1.0 and then finished in 2.0, then there will be two records in the report (i.e. one for 1.0 and one for 2.0). Click here to learn more.
Analytics - Defects Corrected
- The Patient Case Status report's "Scheduled Visits Next 1 Yr" data was not consistently being populated due to backend data processes for the field not performing adequately. Processes have been updated for the data to populate on a sure-basis moving forward. Click here to learn more.
- For the Authorizations report Used Authorized Visits column and only some patients in SOAP 2.0, the Used Authorized Visits were displaying incorrectly due to a logic error in how the visits were systematically calculated in the report. This issue has been corrected. Click here to learn more.
- Analytics access was corrupted after being granted permissions to Analytics and specific reports when a Member’s EMR profile was updated. This issue has been resolved, and Analytics permissions are no longer corrupted or removed after a Member’s EMR profile is updated.
September 15, 2021, at 9:00 PM PT
Added New Appointment Types: The following new appointment types are available in the Scheduler: Available, Calendar Start, Calendar End. This will allow an easier way for front office users to indicate the start time for appointments as well as the start and end times for therapists on a given day. Click here to learn more about appointment types.
- Previously, discrepancies appeared between various payment screens. This issue has been resolved and patient payments on the patient chart should align with the Payment History PDF. Please note: This will prevent this issue from occurring moving forward. There will be a subsequent data fix to correct those already affected by this issue once this fix is fully rolled o
September 9, 2021, at 3:30 PM PT
Benefit Verification Report: A new Benefit Verification report will be available in Analytics. This report enables Members to prioritize upcoming appointments in order to verify patient benefit information and will mitigate appointment cancelations and reschedules.
September 1, 2021, at 5:00 PM PT
Enhanced Add Appointment Workflows: Members with the Quick Add Patient setting enabled are now able to add a new patient at the same time as adding an appointment. From the scheduler, simply click the new Add New Patient button from the Add Appointment modal. Once the patient information is added, the user will be directed back to the Add Appointment modal of the Scheduler by clicking Schedule.
- Previously, when utilizing Bulk User Management to add/remove clinics from a user’s access, requested changes were not being applied, despite Members receiving a confirmation notification. Now, Members may utilize Bulk User Management as expected. When adding or removing selected clinics from user profiles, all changes will be saved and reflected in the user's profile.
August 25, 2021, at 9:00 PM PT
Added Ability to Copy/Replace User Profiles: In order to allow for easier updates to user permissions and clinic access, Clinic Admins can create new Users or update existing Users by copying an active or inactive profile. Click here to learn more
August 18, 2021 at 3:30 PM PT
- Previously, new patients didn't reflect correctly on the Patient List Report in Analytics. With changes to service account permissions, this issue has been resolved and the data will reflect as intended.
August 11, 2021, at 9:00 PM PT
- Previously, the Fax Log failed to display for clinics with a large number of patients (roughly 60,000 or more) because it was attempting to load every patient at once. This issue has been resolved and the Patient Name dropdown will now filter with a minimum of two characters to manage the number of patients displayed.
August 5, 2021, at 8:00 PM PT
WebPT Analytics Defect Corrected — Email Addresses Not Updating: Corrected the issue that occurred while a user added or updated an email address for a patient, the Patient List did not show the added/updated email address.
August 1, 2021
- 97140 (Manual Therapy) + 97530 (Therapeutic Activity)
- 97165 (Low Complexity OT Exam) +97140 (Manual Therapy)
Click here to learn more about the 59 modifier and CCI edit rules.
- The issue has been resolved where some Members configuring profiles with flowsheet exercises were experiencing issues previewing and adding those profiles to notes. Member Action Needed: to correct this issue, affected profiles should be edited and re-published to apply the fix.
July 7, 2021, at 4:00 PM PT
Updated Bulk User Management: Clinic Admins can now use the Bulk Update User option within the User Manager to apply permission and/or location changes to more than one user at a time. This option reduces the time required to update user profiles as clinic locations evolve. Click here to learn more about the Bulk Update User option and the specific permissions and changes that cannot be bulk updated.
Enhanced Quick Add Phase II: To further improve efficiency, additional enhancements have been made to the updated Quick Add form! Many optional and required fields have been added to allow users the option to complete a full patient add from the Quick Add form if desired. The following noteworthy additions are now included:
- “Required for billing” fields: These fields are not required to save a patient but are important to complete if a user is creating a complete patient.
- One phone number required—can be a mobile phone if desired.
- New fields
- Related Cause
- Conditional fields depending on insurance type selected
- Primary Insurance authorizations
- Secondary insurance—if insured party is not self (insured party fields available to input)
- Primary Treatment Clinic
- Edoc improvements: Users can upload one related document to the patient record using the Browse button. Additionally, if the Document Type is Driver’s License, Insurance Card, or Past Medical History, the document is assigned to all cases created for the patient.
June 30, 2021, at 9:00 PM PT
Updated Quick Add Workflows + Prevent Note Finalization Setting: WebPT EMR + WebPT Billing and Therabill Members with the Quick Add setting currently turned on will now have the Prevent Note Finalization subsetting enabled. This setting has been created to help clinics reduce claim submission errors due to incomplete patient information. With the setting enabled, clerical users and therapists will be required to complete patients’ records before note finalization. If the information isn’t added prior to the first appointment, the therapist will be prevented from finalizing the note.
- Previously, the MIPS Tab would be incorrectly visible for patients under 12 years old. This issue has been resolved and the MIPS Tab is no longer displayed for patients under 12 years old.
June 16, 2021 at 5:00 PM PT
Added Place of Service 19: The Off Campus-Outpatient Hospital (19) Place of Service has been added to the WebPT EMR. Additionally, Therabill and WebPT Billing have been updated to include this new Place of Service. Members using other billing applications should check with them before using the new Place of Service to ensure they’re able to receive it.
June 2, 2021 at 5:00 PM PT
Enhanced Physician Search: The Group Name search field on the Physician Search page has been updated to be less restrictive. Members can now search with keywords or words with three or more characters from the Group Name to find physicians instead of typing in the exact Group Name. Additionally, group names will be added to the search results and Excel export to provide additional physician information.
May 26, 2021 at 5:00 PM PT
Updated At a Glance Worklist: Patients who are due for a Progress Note in SOAP 2.0 are now listed on the Needs Progress Note list in the At a Glance section of the WebPT EMR Dashboard. This capability gives Clinic Admins visibility into who to schedule appointments for in order to get Progress Notes completed.
May 15, 2021 at 2:00 AM PT
- (WebPT EMR + Outcomes) Previously, when a patient was unable to meet the MCID (Minimal Clinically Important Difference) due to a high enough score on the Initial Evaluation with little room to improve, the wrong selection (Not Met: Initial or follow test/survey was not completed) was made on the MIPS tab. This issue has been resolved and the correct option (Not Met: Score was calculated, however patient did not meet MCID) will be selected correctly.
May 13, 2021 at 3:00 PM PT
- (WebPT EMR + Outcomes) Previously, a clinic could enable one or two of the three MIPS Measure 226 on the Set Up page. However, this caused the measure to incorrectly appear for therapists on the MIPS tab. This issue has been resolved and MIPS Measure 226 can either be selected for all three measures (226-1, 226-2, 226-3) or none in order to populate correctly on the MIPS tab.
May 12, 2021 at 9:00 PM PT
Added Benefit Verification on Patient Case: To ensure that clinics are aware of the level of benefits and how it impacts the treatment and services offered, additional fields were added to the Patient Case. Users will be able to select a verification date for primary and secondary insurances and then the chart will display a checkmark when benefits are verified. And better yet, hovering over the checkmark will show when the benefits were verified and by whom. (Please note: This information will eventually be included in the Benefit Verification report once rollout is complete.) Click here to learn more.
May 5, 2021 at 5:00 PM PT
- Previously, attempts to cancel an appointment and add a patient to the waitlist created an error preventing users from cancelling the appointment and saving the patient to the waitlist. This issue has been resolved and users can now cancel appointments and add patients to the waitlist.
- Previously, Cancel/No Shows comments and reasoning weren’t retained when added from the Patient Chart. This has been resolved and cancel reasons are displayed correctly, whether added via the Patient Chart or the Scheduler.
- Previously, users received an error when attempting to rename exercises in the Home Exercise Program (HEP). Now, HEP users may once again rename exercises as needed. Click here to learn more about renaming exercises in the HEP.
April 28, 2021 at 9:00 PM PT
Updated Tricare Settings: The Tricare Insurance default settings have been updated. If Tricare is selected as the Insurance Type, then the Apply CCI Edits and Apply the 8-Minute Rule settings will default to on. Users will be able to make changes to these settings from the Display Insurance link, located under the Insurance Manager.
Updated Medicare Fee Schedule: The Medicare Fee Schedule has been updated to reflect the 3.75% increase for 2021 and the conversion factor and RVU/GPCI values have been updated from $32.41 to $34.89. These changes are effective as of January 1, 2021 and will be reflected in the Medicare Threshold used amounts for this year. Click here to learn more.
April 21, 2021 at 9:00 PM PT
Enhanced Quick Add Form: Members can decrease data entry time by 20% with the updated Quick Add form! This form allows clerical users to add as much or as little information with optional fields when quick adding a patient. Improved keyboard controls and added ability to select All on the clinic drop down adds a new layer of efficiency. And better yet, appointment reminders now save from the Quick Add form! Click here to learn more about the updated form capabilities
April 14, 2021 at 5:00 PM PT
Enhanced Authorizations (WebPT EMR + WebPT Billing): In an effort to improve authorization workflows and prevent duplication, enhancements were made and Auth Number, Auth Date, and Visits/Units fields in the WebPT EMR will accurately update in WebPT Billing.
- Previously, Chiropractic user types in clinics with patient account number enabled couldn’t see the Scheduled Appointment dropdown on the Subjective tab. Because they couldn’t select the scheduled appointment, they were unable to finalize notes. This issue has been resolved and Chiropractic user types can now see the Scheduled Appointment dropdown and finalize notes.
- Previously, eDocs would intermittently not open when accessed from the SOAP 2.0 patient chart. This issue has been resolved
April 7, 2021 at 5:00 PM PT
Added New ICD-10 Codes: The following ICD-10 codes are now available in the WebPT EMR and will be available for dates of service 1/1/2021 and later.
- Z20.822 Contact with and (suspected) exposure to COVID-19
- Z11.52 Encounter for screening for COVID-19
- Z86.16 Personal history of COVID-19
- M35.81 Multisystem inflammatory syndrome (MIS)
- M35.89 Other specified systemic involvement of connective tissue
- J12.82 Pneumonia due to coronavirus disease 2019
- Previously, notes wouldn’t load correctly when a patient had the COVID ICD-10 code, U07.1, as the only ICD-10 code on the case. This issue has been resolved and therapists are now able to load and finalize notes when U07.1 is the only code on the case.
March 31, 2021 at 5:00 PM PT
Updated CCI Edits: Each quarter, NCCI releases an updated set of Edit Rules to go into effect at the top of the quarter. Click here to view the updated set of Edit Rules for PTs and OTs effective April 1, 2021.
March 24, 2021 at 9:00 PM PT
Authorization by Units Enhancement: WebPT EMR + WebPT Billing users will now be able to choose units or visits when adding an Authorization to a case. Unit Authorizations will flow from the WebPT EMR to WebPT Billing the same way as Visit Authorizations do. And better yet, Secondary Unit and Visit Authorizations will also integrate. However, please note: Members utilizing SOAP 2.0 will be able to use new tracking features and alerts for Unit Authorizations for both Primary and Secondary Insurances. Click here to learn more about the Unit Authorizations enhancement and click here to learn more about Authorizations alerts and reporting.
Updated Date of Surgery (MIPS 2021): Previously, therapists couldn’t set the date of surgery to the same date as the date of service. Now the date of surgery can be set as the same as the date of service. Also, the Date of Surgery field now has no default and becomes required if the therapist indicates surgery was performed.
Added CPT Codes: The following CPT codes are now available for PT user types
- 96112: Developmental test by qualified healthcare professional; first hour
- 96113: Developmental test by qualified healthcare professional; each add'l 30 minutes
March 24, 2021 at 6:00 PM PT
Updated Add Patient Module (HEP): In order to more quickly add basic new patient information in the Home Exercise Program, Members can now assign patients to a specific facility.
March 18, 2021 at 3:15 PM PT
Updated Patient Notes Report: The Patient Notes analysis grid now exclusively includes finalized and billable notes from the WebPT EMR.
March 17, 2021 at 5:00 PM PT
Updated WebPT EMR ID Chart: The following updates were made to display the WebPT ID or Alternate ID on the patient chart. This will assist Members in efficiently searching for patients and will prevent disclosing any PHI when communicating with a patient.
- The WebPT ID will be displayed after the patient’s name (i.e., Lastname, Firstname (ID: 123453)) on the chart unless Members utilize the Alternate ID.
- If the Member chooses to enter an Alternate ID, then that ID will display after the patient’s name (i.e., Lastname, Firstname (Alt ID: H2257)) on the chart.
Added Tag Filters (Tasking In Beta Access): Members can now filter Tasks based on the Tag associated with it. This is helpful for Members that utilize both Task Types and Task Tags and create work queues based on Member-specific categories. Click here to learn more about Task Tags.
Defects Corrected (Tasking In Beta Access)
- Previously, when a user selected a patient from the search field, modified filters, and then clicked Clear All Filters, the application removed the patient’s information from the table entirely. This issue has been resolved and the task table will now return the original filtered tasks for a patient prior to clearing the filters.
March 10, 2021 at 4:30 (Tasking In Beta Access)
Added Search by First Name: Members can now include a patient’s First Name in the search field—in addition to their Last Name or unique WebPT EMR ID. This reduces the number of results and makes it quicker for Members to locate a specific patient.
Enhanced Patient Search Performance: In order to improve the time for patient search results to be returned, the patient search has been optimized for faster performance.
- Previously, a task could be saved without a Task Type added. Because Task Types help define and evaluate individual tasks, they’re required for a task to be saved.
March 10, 2021 at 5:00 PM PT
Updated MIPS Measure 126 (MIPS 2021): Two additional options have been added to Measure 126 in order for therapists to indicate why they did not perform the Neurologic Lower Extremity Exam.
Updated MIPS Measure 128 (MIPS 2021): A new option was added to Measure 128 in order for therapists to provide a comment or medical reason for why BMI wasn’t documented.
March 3, 2021 at 5:00 PM PT
Updated MIPS Measure 154 (MIPS 2021): The Fall History question for HM Measure 154 has been updated with new verbiage in order to provide more clarity.
Added CPT Code 99072 to Additional Users: CPT Code: 99072: Additional supplies, materials, and clinical staff time over and above those usually included in an office visit or other non-facility service(s), when performed during a Public Health Emergency as defined by law, due to respiratory-transmitted infectious disease, is now available for all user types. It was previously only available to PT, OT, SLP, and DC user types.
February 25, 2021 at 3:15 PM PT
- Previously, clinics enabled for MIPS 2020 and MIPS 2021, were locked into their 2020 measure selections and required assistance from WebPT Support to set up their 2021 selections. This issue has been resolved and clinics can now make their own selections once enabled for MIPS 2021. Click here to learn more about MIPS setup.
February 24, 2021 at 5:00 PM PT
- Previously, a cancelation reason didn’t show up when a user hovered over a cancelled appointment on the Scheduler. This issue has been resolved, and the cancelation reason will now show.
February 17, 2021
Home Exercise Program (HEP): Added Languages: Therapists can now translate completed Care Plans to Hindi, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Tagalog, and Urdu in addition to the 14 existing options available in HEP.
February 11, 2021
Added Month End Header (Analytics): A new Month End header is now visible in the left-hand navigation menu in Analytics for WebPT EMR + RevFlow and WebPT Billing Members. Please note: while the reports aren’t available just yet, this section will soon house all Month End reports that are coming soon.
February 10, 2021
- Previously, some therapists couldn’t finalize Orthosis daily notes. This issue has been resolved.
January 28, 2021
Enhanced Patient Search Capabilities: The WebPT Patient ID has been renamed on the Excel Export as Alternate Patient ID and is now exposed next to the patient's name. Patients can now also be accessed quicker by users with access to multiple clinics from the All Company Patient search. Click here to learn more.
January 27, 2021
Updated Modifier 96 and 97: Therapists now have the option to apply the 97 modifier for Rehabilitative services in addition to the 96 Modifier for Habilitative services. In order to make the modifiers available for use in a patient case, Members can select the 96/97 modifier as active on the Company Fee Schedule. Once marked active, Members will see an option to select None, Habilitative, Rehabilitative at the case level. Click here to learn more.
- Previously users who had Clinic and Company Admin permissions but didn’t have Calendar Admin permission enabled could view and edit the calendar tabs in Manage Calendar. Now, in order to tighten up permissions, only users with Calendar Admin permissions can access all calendar tabs in Manage Calendar. Please note: If Clinic or Company Admins lose Calendar Admin permissions, they will need the User Manager to update their profile permissions and verify the Calendar Admin permission is selected.
January 20, 2021
January 13, 2021
Updated Tricare Insurance on Patient Cases: In order for Members to remain compliant with payer rules, if Tricare is the primary or secondary insurance on a patient’s case, the CQ and CO modifiers will automatically be applied to any services provided by a PTA or OTA. Any differential will not take effect until 2022, so these modifiers will not impact payments in 2021. Click here to learn more about adding modifiers in 1.0 and click here for the SOAP 2.0 workflow.
Added G-Codes: CMS has recently announced the deletion of G2010 and G2012 in the 2021 Annual Update to the Therapy Code List effective 1/1/2021. The following two new communication technology based service codes have replaced G2010 and G2012 and are available in the WebPT EMR. These codes will count as visits toward the medicare process note requirement.
- G2250 (replaced G2010): Remote assessment of recorded video and/or images submitted by an established patient (e.g., store and forward), including interpretation with follow-up with the patient within 24 business hours
- G2251 (replaced G2012): Brief communication technology-based service, e.g. virtual check-in, by a qualified healthcare professional, 5-10 minutes of medical discussion.
Please note: PTs, OTs, and SLPs who billed for G2010 and G2012 for dates of service in 2021 can adjust accordingly and Chiropractic Members will still be able to bill for G2010 and G2012 and see these codes available in the WebPT EMR.
January 6, 2021
Added Patient Surgery Status Requirement to IE for HM Measures (MIPS 2021): MIPS participating therapists now have the option to indicate if the patient is receiving therapy due to a recent surgery at the Initial Evaluation.
December 22, 2020
- Previously, Members with the V# account (also known as patient account number) enabled saw a string of text when they hovered over an appointment. This issue has been resolved and Members will no longer see the string of text when hovering over appointments.
- (WebPT EMR + Outcomes) Previously, Members were incorrectly prompted to report HM measures if the initial OMT was completed in 2019. This issue has been resolved and Members will no longer be prompted to report HM measures outside of the current performance year (2020).
December 19, 2020
Enhanced Clinic Selection Performance: In order to search for a clinic faster and save time, Members can now search from the Clinic dropdown by typing any part of the clinic name—instead of scrolling through a long list of clinics. Members will still be able to scroll through the list of clinics if needed. Please note: this enhancement doesn’t work in Internet Explorer at this time and Internet Explorer users will not see the update.
Updated Timed Codes in Billing/Objective Tabs: Previously, the following timed codes were incorrectly listed as untimed codes on the Billing Tab for OT and SLP Members. Members will now notice that these codes have been moved to the correct timed codes section of the Billing Tab.
- 96112: Developmental test administration by physician or other qualified healthcare professional, with interpretation and report; first hour
- 96113: Developmental test by qualified healthcare professional; each add'l 30 minutes
- 96121: Neurobehavioral status exam by qualified healthcare professional; each add'l hour 1
- 96130: Psychological test by qualified healthcare professional; first hour 1
- 96131: Psychological test by qualified healthcare professional; each add'l hour 1
- 96132: Neuropsychological eval by qualified healthcare professional; first hour 1
- 96133: Neuropsychological eval by qualified healthcare professional; each add'l hour 1
- 96136: Psychological/neuropsychological test by qualified healthcare professional; first 30 min 1
- 96137: Psychological/neuropsychological test by qualified healthcare professional; each add'l 30 min 1
- 96146: Psychological/neuropsychological test by standard instrument via electronic platform/auto result
Added New CPT Code: CPT Code 99072: Additional supplies, materials, and clinical staff time over and above those usually included in an office visit or other non-facility service(s), when performed during a Public Health Emergency as defined by law, due to respiratory-transmitted infectious disease, will now be available for selection on the billing tab and Company Fee Schedule in the WebPT EMR for PT, OT, and SLPs. Please note: Members will receive a “coming soon” in-app message prior to receiving the new CPT Code.
Corrected MIPS Measure 134 (Geriatric Depression Scale): When a patient scores six or higher on the Geriatric Depression Scale and the therapist doesn’t include a follow up plan, Option 5 for Measure 134 (Screening for Clinical Depression Documented as Positive, Follow-Up Plan not Documented, Reason not Given) is now auto-selected on the MIPS tab. This indicates that the therapist failed this measure. Additionally, a disclaimer has been added to show the test was validated in adults greater than or equal to 18 years old.
- (WebPT EMR + Outcomes) A Broken Link error message was displayed when Members attempted to run Outcomes reports in the Chrome browser. This issue has been resolved and Outcomes reports will display when using the Chrome browser.
October 21, 2020
- Previously, if Members typed in a physician name on the case too slowly or paused while typing, the first physician who matched any of the three character criteria was auto-selected before they could finish typing. This issue has been corrected and Members can now type in the physician name and select the correct physician without being auto-selected.
- (WebPT EMR + Outcomes) Previously, when a Member completed a Quick Discharge note, the system converted a Follow Up OMT to a Completion of Care OMT even if the Progress Note (PN) OMT was different than the Initial Evaluation (IE) OMT. This issue has been resolved and a Quick Discharge note will only convert Follow Up OMTs to Completion of Care of OMTs that are the same on the Initial Evaluation and Progress Note.
October 14, 2020
- (WebPT EMR + Outcomes) Previously, when a Member completed a Quick Discharge note for a patient that only had an Initial Evaluation (IE) OMT, the system incorrectly converted it to a Completion of Care OMT. This issue has been resolved and a Quick Discharge note will only convert Follow Up OMT’s to Completion of Care OMTs.
October 7, 2020
Added Admission Source Field Requirement on UB-04 Enabled Clinics: Previously, the Admission Source field was not required for UB-04 enabled clinics and Members forgot to fill in the field with the necessary information. Now, the Admission Source field will be required if the clinic has the following settings set to ON:
- UB-04 preference;
- insurance setting titled “Apply UB-04 Billing”; and
- insurance with the UB-04 selected on a case.
September 30, 2020
FY 2021 ICD-10 Updates: To ensure Members remain compliant and up to date on all the latest diagnosis codes, the mandatory ICD-10 updates (released by CMS every year) have been added, deleted, and updated. Click here to view the updates. These codes are effective as of Thursday, October 1, 2020.
August 26, 2020
Updated Patient Demographic Fields (WebPT EMR + RevFlow): Updates made to the below fields in RevFlow now automatically flow into the WebPT EMR. Double entry has been eliminated, thus saving Members time. Click here to learn more about the WebPT EMR and RevFlow integration.
Updated Balance from Billing System (WebPT EMR + RevFlow): Previously, the header with a patient’s outstanding balance from RevFlow was missing from the printed Agenda view. Now, Members can print the Agenda view with the outstanding balance header displayed above the column with the balance information. Click here to learn more about viewing a patient’s balance from RevFlow.
August 19, 2020
Changed Ability to Inactivate Patient (WebPT EMR + RevFlow): In order to ensure data between the WebPT EMR and RevFlow is correct, there are now limits to when patients can be inactivated. These limits will direct Members to correctly discharge patients so that they remain accessible and consistent in reports. Click here to learn more about inactivating a patient.
- Previously, the measure name was missing from the second sub-bullet under the fourth option for MIPS 226-3 and read, “Documentation of Medical Reason(s) for not Providing Tobacco Cessation Intervention in Measure.” This issue has been corrected and the option now reads, “Documentation of Medical Reason(s) for not Providing Tobacco Cessation Intervention" in Measure 226-2.”
July, 29, 2020
Updated MIPS Measure 154: Previously, Members who completed the Modified Falls Efficacy Scale were not getting credit for it on the MIPS tab. Now, therapists participating in MIPS are able to use the Modified Falls Efficacy scale to meet the requirements for Measure 154: Falls Risk.
- Members with the OfficeAlly billing integration experienced an issue where the clinic fee schedule’s transaction amounts were not included in the billing snapshot. This issue has been resolved and affected Members will no longer need to manually update transaction amounts in their billing software.
July 22, 2020
RevFlow to WebPT: Payment on Account: WebPT EMR + RevFlow Members are now able to accept a payment against an outstanding balance without a date of service by entering it in the Payment on Account menu in the WebPT EMR. The payment will then be applied automatically in RevFlow against the remaining balance.
July 8, 2020
Added Treating Diagnosis Filed (MIPS): Members can now enter ICD-10 codes for the HM measures in the treating diagnosis field. Previously these codes could only be entered in the diagnosis field.
Added Ability to Convert a Follow Up Survey to Discharge Survey (WebPT EMR + Outcomes): Members with WebPT Outcomes are now able to convert a follow-up outcomes survey to a discharge survey by completing a Quick Discharge note. This is helpful for Members to indicate care has been completed for patients who have self-discharged (a necessary step in order to include patients in national benchmarking reports).
June 24, 2020
- Previously, e-visit CPT codes weren’t counting as a visit for patients with non-Medicare insurance types. This issue has been resolved and e-visit CPT codes will not countas a visit for patients with Medicare-type insurances only, and will count as a visit for patients with any other payer type.
June 10, 2020
Print RevFlow Patient Statement (WebPT + RevFlow Members): Often, front office employees are unable to print patient statements on demand because they don’t have access to RevFlow. However, now they have the ability to print a statement directly from the WebPT EMR. Click here for more information on how to print patient statements from the WebPT EMR.
Removed Ability to Change Primary OMT (MIPS 2020): Previously, Members were able to change the primary OMT on a progress note or discharge note which caused the wrong HM measure to display on a progress note. Now, users will no longer be able to change the primary OMT on a progress note or discharge note. This will ensure that the displayed HM measure will be based on the primary OMT in the Initial Evaluation.
Adjusted Primary OMT Selection for Addendum and Other HM OMT (MIPS 2020): Previously, Members were accidentally disabling a HM measure they wanted to report when administering more than one OMT, and used the “Primary Outcome Measurement Tool” drop down menu to identify which OMT was more important. Now, if a Member wants to report a HM measure, they must identify the related OMT as the primary on the progress note and daily note. This also applies to addendums of those progress notes and daily notes; Members will see the Primary Outcomes Measure Tool selection drop down menu disabled.
Forward an Addendum for Co-signature (SOAP 2.0 Only): If a co-signature is required after the original note has been finalized, Members are now able to forward an addendum for co-signature by selecting “Forward” on the list of Note actions. Once forwarded, the addendum will appear on the signing therapist’s Incomplete Cosign Docs worklist on the At a Glance section of WebPT.
May 21, 2020
E-Visit CPT Codes Not Counted Towards Progress Limit: Previously, e-visits were counted towards the Medicare progress note requirement when therapists billed for e-visits for patients with a Medicare-type insurance. Now when a therapist bills for any of the following e-visit CPT codes, it will not count toward the visit count:
Added New “E-Visit” Note Option: When a therapist treating a patient with Medicare insurance that requires a progress note, a new note type option will be available in the "Patient Records Actions" drop down titled "E-Visit." This will allow the therapist to continue e-visit documentation for a patient when a progress note is required.
May 13, 2020
Virtual Visit Modal Updated: Previously, the buttons on the modal for starting a Virtual Visit were not labeled to explain what each button did. Now, the descriptions for each button are more clear and the time that a notification was last sent to a patient is displayed. Click here to view a screenshot of the updated modal for a Member that is enabled with Virtual VIsits and click here to view the modal displayed for a Member not enabled with Virtual Visits.
ICD-10 COVID-19 Codes Added: The following ICD-10 codes for COVID-19 are now available in the WebPT EMR:
- U07.1 COVID-19: virus identified’ is assigned to a disease diagnosis of COVID-19 confirmed by laboratory testing.
- U07.2 COVID-19: virus not identified’ is assigned to a clinical or epidemiological diagnosis of COVID-19 where laboratory confirmation is inconclusive or not available.
Reporting and Analytics: Added Status to Authorization Report: View by Case Status: Active/Discharge has been added to the Authorizations report. Members now have the ability to toggle between active and discharged cases and can view the case status as a column inside the report.
- Previously, user managers were unable to enable Virtual Visits for users with an apostrophe in their name. This issue has been resolved.
- Previously, Members were unable to access the links to MIPS measure descriptions on the MIPS setup page. Now the Member can access the knowledge base articles containing descriptions of measures 126, 127, 134, 226, HM 4, HM 6, HM 7, HM8, via the links on the MIPS setup page.
April 29, 2020
CMS Changes with Common Code Pairings (NCCI Edits/59 Modifier Update): On January 1, 2020, CMS revoked the changes that were put in place for NCCI edits. Please read this APTA article describing the update. As of April 23, the WebPT EMR accurately reflects these changes. Specifically, therapists are now able to pair the following code combinations without the use of 59 or X modifiers:
- 97530 with 97116
- 97161 with 97140
- 97162 with 97140
- 97163 with 97140
- 97110 with 97164
- 97112 with 97164
- 97113 with 97164
- 97116 with 97164
- 97140 with 97164
- 97150 with 97110
- 97150 with 97112
- 97150 with 97116
- 97150 with 97164
Home Exercise Program (HEP): New Videos and Exercises Available: New videos and exercises have been added to our HEP, including:
- 70 additional orthopedic videos; and
- 17 additional lymphedema videos.
ICD-10 Favorites Caused SOAP Note Issue: Previously, when a therapist had a higher number of Diagnosis favorites, he or she was sometimes unable to generate SOAP notes or would lose their entire list of favorites. Improvements have been made to help stabilize the issue.
Expired Plan of Care E-Visit Option: Previously, therapists were unable to bypass the Expired Plan of Care pop-up alert to document an e-visit if the patient’s Plan of Care (POC) had expired. An e-visit button will be added to the Expired Plan of Care pop-up so therapists can document the e-visit and finalize the daily note with a date of service past the expired POC date.
Reporting and Analytics: Added Visit Status to Scheduled Visits Report: A Visit Status column has been added to the Scheduled Visits report. Members are now able to see the status of all visits, including No-Shows and Canceled appointments.
April 15, 2020
Clinic Name on Text Message Reminders: Members can now enter their preferred text message facility name when sending text message reminders. This is helpful for clinics using a DBA (Doing Business As) who want to represent the clinic branding in a patient-facing text message. Click here to view a screenshot. Click here to learn more about setting up text message reminders.
April 8, 2020
Added Telehealth CPT Codes On April 6, 2020: six new CPT codes (98970-2 and 98966-8) were added to the WebPT EMR which will allow Members to use the additional modifiers that they are not currently able to attach to custom CPT codes. These new codes will be listed under the untimed code section with a checkbox to indicate they are billing a unit. Please note, because Members cannot configure these codes to show for only specific payers (they will only have the ability to either show or not show for all payers), there are two options Members can consider:
- Create a payer alert to help therapists know which CPT code they should bill.
- Edit the CPT description for each to lead the description and tell the therapist which payer should use which set of CPT codes.
Click here to learn more.
April 1, 2020
Concurrent Treatment Enhancement: For insurances that have the “auto calculate minutes” setting applied, a box will appear next to the selected CPT codes on SOAP notes. This will allow users to designate that the specific treatment being billed was done concurrently and that the minutes for those charges will not be counted towards the total treatment minutes. Click here to learn more.
Claim Number Field Updates: The Subscriber ID field no longer overrides the values entered into the Claim Number field for Workers Comp and Auto insurance types.
Do Not Carry Forward CO/CQ Modifier Enabled:The CO/CQ modifiers were updated so they don’t carry forward to the next SOAP note if that note wasn’t started by an assistant.
Total Visit Count Displaying on Calendar: To afford Members the ability to better prepare for patient volume and staff their clinics accordingly, total patient visits will now display by individual calendar names. Click here to learn more.
March 19, 2020
E-Visit G-Codes Live in the WebPT EMR: In order to help Members bill for e-visits, three new codes have been added to the WebPT EMR.These new codes will appear in the billing section of SOAP notes, at the bottom of the Untimed Codes sections and above the custom CPT field. Please note that any modifiers that need to be attached to the g-codes can be added via the existing additional modifiers feature. Once those modifiers are attached via that feature, then they will flow into billing integrations, like RevFlow. The three new codes include:
- G2061: Qualified non-physician healthcare professional online assessment and management, for an established patient, for up to seven days, cumulative time during the 7 days; 5–10 minutes
- G2062: Qualified non-physician healthcare professional online assessment and management service, for an established patient, for up to seven days, cumulative time during the 7 days; 11–20 minutes
- G2063: Qualified non-physician qualified healthcare professional assessment and management service, for an established patient, for up to seven days, cumulative time during the 7 days; 21 or more minutes
- After the 12.6 SP3 Logi Engine Upgrade, data/text was being cut off in the Analysis Grid columns. This has been corrected to display the full data inside the cell.
March 11, 2020
Appointment Field Enhancements: Previously, users could only click and select the desired “time,” “date,” and/or “appointment time” when adding or editing an appointment. Enhancements were made so that users can now type in these fields to pull up the desired selection.
Integrated Payments: Duplicate Payment Override Update: Integrated Payments Members can now process duplicate payment transactions by utilizing the Duplicate Payment Override feature. This feature is ideal for duplicate copays being paid on the same patient credit card. Members can now immediately click “Allow Duplicate” after selecting Credit Card to avoid receiving a duplicate error. If the "Allow Duplicate" option is not selected, he or she will still receive the error, but can indicate the duplicate at that point and reprocess the card. Click here to view a screenshot. Click here to learn more.
New Depression Scale Option: The WebPT EMR currently contains the Geriatric Depression Scale for use with elderly patients, and the Mood and Feeling Questionnaire for use with pediatric patients. New fields are available for therapists to document the results of different depression screening instruments which will allow them to enter the name of a different depression screening questionnaire, enter the score obtained, indicate if the results are positive or negative for an indication of depression, and document a follow up plan if needed. Members will need to administer these alternatives on paper and scan the forms into eDOC. Please note: These new fields are not currently available to MIPS participants.
- When a Worker’s Comp insurance type was selected in the patient case, the related cause did not auto-select “Employment Injury.” This issue has been corrected.
March 5, 2020
Open/Missed Notes Report: The Productivity Dashboard in Analytics will be going away soon. But don't worry! The Open & Missed Notes Report can still be accessed under the Notes heading on the Analytics navigation menu at the left side of your screen.
February 26, 2020
Quick Scan Catalina Upgrade: Upgrading to Apple’s newest Mac operating system (OS), Catalina, causes the current version of the QuickScan feature (v. 13.4.1) to no longer be available. QuickScan users can still use the current version of QuickScan, however if upgrading to Catalina, then we recommend upgrading to the newest QuickScan driver (v. 15.2) to ensure compatibility with the new OS.
February 20, 2020
Updated Medicare Cap Titles to Medicare Threshold: The Medicare Cap report in Analytics has been updated to the name Medicare Threshold. This aligns with the EMR's nomenclature.
January 29, 2020
NCCI Edits Reverse: Previously, NCCI ruled that effective January 1, 2020; the therapeutic activities code (CPT® 97530) and the group therapy code (CPT® 97150) will no longer get reimbursed if included on the same date of service as evaluation CPT® codes: 97161, 97162, 97163, 97165, 97166, 97167, 97169, 97170, 97171, and 97172. This decision has been reversed and the WebPT EMR no longer prohibits charging the previously mentioned services with an evaluation code. Click here to read the latest from the APTA or this blog post on WebPT's blog.
January 24, 2020
Integrated Payments Members: Duplicate Payment Override: WorldPay logic previously prevented Members from processing duplicate payments to reduce accidental duplicate charges. Integrated Payments Members can now process duplicate payment transactions with this override functionality, which is helpful in instances when duplicate copays are paid on the same patient credit card. Click here to learn more.
Functional Limitation Reporting (FLR) Disabled for Medicare Payer Types: The FLR modifiers are no longer required resulting in claims being rejected for clinics who had not disabled the FLR setting. Updates have been made to all Medicare insurance types to disable the functional limitation reporting. This does not affect Medicare Replacement insurance types.
January 15, 2020
Billing Bundle Enhancements: To help decrease claim denials, the patient chart and insurance settings received the following minor updates:
- A valid format (maximum of 9 digits) is now required when entering a zip code.
- “Employment” will be automatically selected as the related cause of injury when Workers Comp is the insurance on the patient’s case.
- The default insurance settings have been updated.
- Claim numbers are now required for all Workers Comp insurances.
CPT Code Text Boxes: Text boxes have been added to the following CPT Codes: 20560, 20561, 90912, 90913, 97129, 97130. This will allow therapists the ability to provide additional information about the selected codes when billing.
January 8, 2020
Home Exercise Program (HEP): New Videos and Exercises Available: New videos and exercises have been added to our HEP, including:
- 246 additional neuro videos;
- 50 additional speech exercises (22 of which have audio); and
- 134 hand videos.
Update to Billing Therapeutic Activities and Evaluations on the Same Date of Service: Effective January 1, 2020, the therapeutic activities code (CPT® 97530) and the group therapy code (CPT® 97150) will no longer get reimbursed if included on the same date of service as evaluation CPT® codes: 97161, 97162, 97163, 97165, 97166, 97167, 97169, 97170, 97171, and 97172. In addition, if one of the previously mentioned evaluation codes is billed together with the manual therapy code (CPT® 97140), then the 59 modifier will need to be attached to be considered for reimbursement. Click here for more information on the CMS website.
Location Parameter Added to Saved Reports: Saved reporting will now include saving clinic locations in the saved report parameters, allowing Members to open their saved report and maintain the clinic filters. Click here to learn more about saved reporting.
- There was an issue with intermittent data capture failures in the MIPS table. This primarily impacted accurate reporting of Measure 128 (BMI), but other measures may have also been affected. This has been corrected.