What's New with the WebPT EMR?
Looking to find out what's new with the WebPT EMR? You're in the right place! This page will keep you informed about our latest system enhancements. Please be advised that while we make every effort to ensure updates are released at the scheduled date and time, we occasionally experience unforeseen circumstances that may cause a delay. Don't worry, though—we'll continue to regularly update this page and provide ample communication for any changes.
⭐Looking to find out what's in the works? Click here!
Q3 2021 NCCI Edit Update: The new CCI Edits that are set to go into effect starting July 1, 2021 do not affect rehab therapy billing, thus there will be no changes in the WebPT EMR.
Q3 2021 NCCI Edit Update: The new CCI Edits that are set to go into effect starting July 1, 2021 do not affect rehab therapy billing, thus there will be no changes in the WebPT EMR.
June 16, 2021 at 5:00 PM PT
Added Place of Service 19: The Off Campus-Outpatient Hospital (19) Place of Service has been added to the WebPT EMR. Additionally, Therabill and WebPT Billing have been updated to include this new Place of Service. Members using other billing applications should check with them before using the new Place of Service to ensure they’re able to receive it.
June 2, 2021 at 5:00 PM PT
Enhanced Physician Search: The Group Name search field on the Physician Search page has been updated to be less restrictive. Members can now search with keywords or words with three or more characters from the Group Name to find physicians instead of typing in the exact Group Name. Additionally, group names will be added to the search results and Excel export to provide additional physician information.
May 26, 2021 at 5:00 PM PT
Updated At a Glance Worklist: Patients who are due for a Progress Note in SOAP 2.0 are now listed on the Needs Progress Note list in the At a Glance section of the WebPT EMR Dashboard. This capability gives Clinic Admins visibility into who to schedule appointments for in order to get Progress Notes completed.
May 15, 2021 at 2:00 AM PT
- (WebPT EMR + Outcomes) Previously, when a patient was unable to meet the MCID (Minimal Clinically Important Difference) due to a high enough score on the Initial Evaluation with little room to improve, the wrong selection (Not Met: Initial or follow test/survey was not completed) was made on the MIPS tab. This issue has been resolved and the correct option (Not Met: Score was calculated, however patient did not meet MCID) will be selected correctly.
May 13, 2021 at 3:00 PM PT
- (WebPT EMR + Outcomes) Previously, a clinic could enable one or two of the three MIPS Measure 226 on the Set Up page. However, this caused the measure to incorrectly appear for therapists on the MIPS tab. This issue has been resolved and MIPS Measure 226 can either be selected for all three measures (226-1, 226-2, 226-3) or none in order to populate correctly on the MIPS tab.
May 12, 2021 at 9:00 PM PT
Added Benefit Verification on Patient Case: To ensure that clinics are aware of the level of benefits and how it impacts the treatment and services offered, additional fields were added to the Patient Case. Users will be able to select a verification date for primary and secondary insurances and then the chart will display a checkmark when benefits are verified. And better yet, hovering over the checkmark will show when the benefits were verified and by whom. (Please note: This information will eventually be included in the Benefit Verification report once rollout is complete.) Click here to learn more.
May 5, 2021 at 5:00 PM PT
- Previously, attempts to cancel an appointment and add a patient to the waitlist created an error preventing users from cancelling the appointment and saving the patient to the waitlist. This issue has been resolved and users can now cancel appointments and add patients to the waitlist.
- Previously, Cancel/No Shows comments and reasoning weren’t retained when added from the Patient Chart. This has been resolved and cancel reasons are displayed correctly, whether added via the Patient Chart or the Scheduler.
- Previously, users received an error when attempting to rename exercises in the Home Exercise Program (HEP). Now, HEP users may once again rename exercises as needed. Click here to learn more about renaming exercises in the HEP.
April 28, 2021 at 9:00 PM PT
Updated Tricare Settings: The Tricare Insurance default settings have been updated. If Tricare is selected as the Insurance Type, then the Apply CCI Edits and Apply the 8-Minute Rule settings will default to on. Users will be able to make changes to these settings from the Display Insurance link, located under the Insurance Manager.
Updated Medicare Fee Schedule: The Medicare Fee Schedule has been updated to reflect the 3.75% increase for 2021 and the conversion factor and RVU/GPCI values have been updated from $32.41 to $34.89. These changes are effective as of January 1, 2021 and will be reflected in the Medicare Threshold used amounts for this year. Click here to learn more.
April 21, 2021 at 9:00 PM PT
Enhanced Quick Add Form: Members can decrease data entry time by 20% with the updated Quick Add form! This form allows clerical users to add as much or as little information with optional fields when quick adding a patient. Improved keyboard controls and added ability to select All on the clinic drop down adds a new layer of efficiency. And better yet, appointment reminders now save from the Quick Add form! Click here to learn more about the updated form capabilities
April 14, 2021 at 5:00 PM PT
Enhanced Authorizations (WebPT EMR + WebPT Billing): In an effort to improve authorization workflows and prevent duplication, enhancements were made and Auth Number, Auth Date, and Visits/Units fields in the WebPT EMR will accurately update in WebPT Billing.
- Previously, Chiropractic user types in clinics with patient account number enabled couldn’t see the Scheduled Appointment dropdown on the Subjective tab. Because they couldn’t select the scheduled appointment, they were unable to finalize notes. This issue has been resolved and Chiropractic user types can now see the Scheduled Appointment dropdown and finalize notes.
- Previously, eDocs would intermittently not open when accessed from the SOAP 2.0 patient chart. This issue has been resolved
April 7, 2021 at 5:00 PM PT
Added New ICD-10 Codes: The following ICD-10 codes are now available in the WebPT EMR and will be available for dates of service 1/1/2021 and later.
- Z20.822 Contact with and (suspected) exposure to COVID-19
- Z11.52 Encounter for screening for COVID-19
- Z86.16 Personal history of COVID-19
- M35.81 Multisystem inflammatory syndrome (MIS)
- M35.89 Other specified systemic involvement of connective tissue
- J12.82 Pneumonia due to coronavirus disease 2019
- Previously, notes wouldn’t load correctly when a patient had the COVID ICD-10 code, U07.1, as the only ICD-10 code on the case. This issue has been resolved and therapists are now able to load and finalize notes when U07.1 is the only code on the case.
March 31, 2021 at 5:00 PM PT
Updated CCI Edits: Each quarter, NCCI releases an updated set of Edit Rules to go into effect at the top of the quarter. Click here to view the updated set of Edit Rules for PTs and OTs effective April 1, 2021.
March 24, 2021 at 9:00 PM PT
Authorization by Units Enhancement: WebPT EMR + WebPT Billing users will now be able to choose units or visits when adding an Authorization to a case. Unit Authorizations will flow from the WebPT EMR to WebPT Billing the same way as Visit Authorizations do. And better yet, Secondary Unit and Visit Authorizations will also integrate. However, please note: Members utilizing SOAP 2.0 will be able to use new tracking features and alerts for Unit Authorizations for both Primary and Secondary Insurances. Click here to learn more about the Unit Authorizations enhancement and click here to learn more about Authorizations alerts and reporting.
Updated Date of Surgery (MIPS 2021): Previously, therapists couldn’t set the date of surgery to the same date as the date of service. Now the date of surgery can be set as the same as the date of service. Also, the Date of Surgery field now has no default and becomes required if the therapist indicates surgery was performed.
Added CPT Codes: The following CPT codes are now available for PT user types
- 96112: Developmental test by qualified healthcare professional; first hour
- 96113: Developmental test by qualified healthcare professional; each add'l 30 minutes
March 24, 2021 at 6:00 PM PT
Updated Add Patient Module (HEP): In order to more quickly add basic new patient information in the Home Exercise Program, Members can now assign patients to a specific facility.
March 18, 2021 at 3:15 PM PT
Updated Patient Notes Report: The Patient Notes analysis grid now exclusively includes finalized and billable notes from the WebPT EMR.
March 17, 2021 at 5:00 PM PT
Updated WebPT EMR ID Chart: The following updates were made to display the WebPT ID or Alternate ID on the patient chart. This will assist Members in efficiently searching for patients and will prevent disclosing any PHI when communicating with a patient.
- The WebPT ID will be displayed after the patient’s name (i.e., Lastname, Firstname (ID: 123453)) on the chart unless Members utilize the Alternate ID.
- If the Member chooses to enter an Alternate ID, then that ID will display after the patient’s name (i.e., Lastname, Firstname (Alt ID: H2257)) on the chart.
Added Tag Filters (Tasking In Beta Access): Members can now filter Tasks based on the Tag associated with it. This is helpful for Members that utilize both Task Types and Task Tags and create work queues based on Member-specific categories. Click here to learn more about Task Tags.
Defects Corrected (Tasking In Beta Access)
- Previously, when a user selected a patient from the search field, modified filters, and then clicked Clear All Filters, the application removed the patient’s information from the table entirely. This issue has been resolved and the task table will now return the original filtered tasks for a patient prior to clearing the filters.
March 10, 2021 at 4:30 (Tasking In Beta Access)
Added Search by First Name: Members can now include a patient’s First Name in the search field—in addition to their Last Name or unique WebPT EMR ID. This reduces the number of results and makes it quicker for Members to locate a specific patient.
Enhanced Patient Search Performance: In order to improve the time for patient search results to be returned, the patient search has been optimized for faster performance.
- Previously, a task could be saved without a Task Type added. Because Task Types help define and evaluate individual tasks, they’re required for a task to be saved.
March 10, 2021 at 5:00 PM PT
Updated MIPS Measure 126 (MIPS 2021): Two additional options have been added to Measure 126 in order for therapists to indicate why they did not perform the Neurologic Lower Extremity Exam.
Updated MIPS Measure 128 (MIPS 2021): A new option was added to Measure 128 in order for therapists to provide a comment or medical reason for why BMI wasn’t documented.
March 3, 2021 at 5:00 PM PT
Updated MIPS Measure 154 (MIPS 2021): The Fall History question for HM Measure 154 has been updated with new verbiage in order to provide more clarity.
Added CPT Code 99072 to Additional Users: CPT Code: 99072: Additional supplies, materials, and clinical staff time over and above those usually included in an office visit or other non-facility service(s), when performed during a Public Health Emergency as defined by law, due to respiratory-transmitted infectious disease, is now available for all user types. It was previously only available to PT, OT, SLP, and DC user types.
February 25, 2021 at 3:15 PM PT
- Previously, clinics enabled for MIPS 2020 and MIPS 2021, were locked into their 2020 measure selections and required assistance from WebPT Support to set up their 2021 selections. This issue has been resolved and clinics can now make their own selections once enabled for MIPS 2021. Click here to learn more about MIPS setup.
February 24, 2021 at 5:00 PM PT
- Previously, a cancelation reason didn’t show up when a user hovered over a cancelled appointment on the Scheduler. This issue has been resolved, and the cancelation reason will now show.
February 17, 2021
Home Exercise Program (HEP): Added Languages: Therapists can now translate completed Care Plans to Hindi, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Tagalog, and Urdu in addition to the 14 existing options available in HEP.
February 11, 2021
Added Month End Header (Analytics): A new Month End header is now visible in the left-hand navigation menu in Analytics for WebPT EMR + RevFlow and WebPT Billing Members. Please note: while the reports aren’t available just yet, this section will soon house all Month End reports that are coming soon.
February 10, 2021
- Previously, some therapists couldn’t finalize Orthosis daily notes. This issue has been resolved.
January 28, 2021
Enhanced Patient Search Capabilities: The WebPT Patient ID has been renamed on the Excel Export as Alternate Patient ID and is now exposed next to the patient's name. Patients can now also be accessed quicker by users with access to multiple clinics from the All Company Patient search. Click here to learn more.
January 27, 2021
Updated Modifier 96 and 97: Therapists now have the option to apply the 97 modifier for Rehabilitative services in addition to the 96 Modifier for Habilitative services. In order to make the modifiers available for use in a patient case, Members can select the 96/97 modifier as active on the Company Fee Schedule. Once marked active, Members will see an option to select None, Habilitative, Rehabilitative at the case level. Click here to learn more.
- Previously users who had Clinic and Company Admin permissions but didn’t have Calendar Admin permission enabled could view and edit the calendar tabs in Manage Calendar. Now, in order to tighten up permissions, only users with Calendar Admin permissions can access all calendar tabs in Manage Calendar. Please note: If Clinic or Company Admins lose Calendar Admin permissions, they will need the User Manager to update their profile permissions and verify the Calendar Admin permission is selected.
January 20, 2021
January 13, 2021
Updated Tricare Insurance on Patient Cases: In order for Members to remain compliant with payer rules, if Tricare is the primary or secondary insurance on a patient’s case, the CQ and CO modifiers will automatically be applied to any services provided by a PTA or OTA. Any differential will not take effect until 2022, so these modifiers will not impact payments in 2021. Click here to learn more about adding modifiers in 1.0 and click here for the SOAP 2.0 workflow.
Added G-Codes: CMS has recently announced the deletion of G2010 and G2012 in the 2021 Annual Update to the Therapy Code List effective 1/1/2021. The following two new communication technology based service codes have replaced G2010 and G2012 and are available in the WebPT EMR. These codes will count as visits toward the medicare process note requirement.
- G2250 (replaced G2010): Remote assessment of recorded video and/or images submitted by an established patient (e.g., store and forward), including interpretation with follow-up with the patient within 24 business hours
- G2251 (replaced G2012): Brief communication technology-based service, e.g. virtual check-in, by a qualified healthcare professional, 5-10 minutes of medical discussion.
Please note: PTs, OTs, and SLPs who billed for G2010 and G2012 for dates of service in 2021 can adjust accordingly and Chiropractic Members will still be able to bill for G2010 and G2012 and see these codes available in the WebPT EMR.
January 6, 2021
Added Patient Surgery Status Requirement to IE for HM Measures (MIPS 2021): MIPS participating therapists now have the option to indicate if the patient is receiving therapy due to a recent surgery at the Initial Evaluation.
December 22, 2020
- Previously, Members with the V# account (also known as patient account number) enabled saw a string of text when they hovered over an appointment. This issue has been resolved and Members will no longer see the string of text when hovering over appointments.
- (WebPT EMR + Outcomes) Previously, Members were incorrectly prompted to report HM measures if the initial OMT was completed in 2019. This issue has been resolved and Members will no longer be prompted to report HM measures outside of the current performance year (2020).
December 19, 2020
Enhanced Clinic Selection Performance: In order to search for a clinic faster and save time, Members can now search from the Clinic dropdown by typing any part of the clinic name—instead of scrolling through a long list of clinics. Members will still be able to scroll through the list of clinics if needed. Please note: this enhancement doesn’t work in Internet Explorer at this time and Internet Explorer users will not see the update.
Updated Timed Codes in Billing/Objective Tabs: Previously, the following timed codes were incorrectly listed as untimed codes on the Billing Tab for OT and SLP Members. Members will now notice that these codes have been moved to the correct timed codes section of the Billing Tab.
- 96112: Developmental test administration by physician or other qualified healthcare professional, with interpretation and report; first hour
- 96113: Developmental test by qualified healthcare professional; each add'l 30 minutes
- 96121: Neurobehavioral status exam by qualified healthcare professional; each add'l hour 1
- 96130: Psychological test by qualified healthcare professional; first hour 1
- 96131: Psychological test by qualified healthcare professional; each add'l hour 1
- 96132: Neuropsychological eval by qualified healthcare professional; first hour 1
- 96133: Neuropsychological eval by qualified healthcare professional; each add'l hour 1
- 96136: Psychological/neuropsychological test by qualified healthcare professional; first 30 min 1
- 96137: Psychological/neuropsychological test by qualified healthcare professional; each add'l 30 min 1
- 96146: Psychological/neuropsychological test by standard instrument via electronic platform/auto result
Added New CPT Code: CPT Code 99072: Additional supplies, materials, and clinical staff time over and above those usually included in an office visit or other non-facility service(s), when performed during a Public Health Emergency as defined by law, due to respiratory-transmitted infectious disease, will now be available for selection on the billing tab and Company Fee Schedule in the WebPT EMR for PT, OT, and SLPs. Please note: Members will receive a “coming soon” in-app message prior to receiving the new CPT Code.
Corrected MIPS Measure 134 (Geriatric Depression Scale): When a patient scores six or higher on the Geriatric Depression Scale and the therapist doesn’t include a follow up plan, Option 5 for Measure 134 (Screening for Clinical Depression Documented as Positive, Follow-Up Plan not Documented, Reason not Given) is now auto-selected on the MIPS tab. This indicates that the therapist failed this measure. Additionally, a disclaimer has been added to show the test was validated in adults greater than or equal to 18 years old.
- (WebPT EMR + Outcomes) A Broken Link error message was displayed when Members attempted to run Outcomes reports in the Chrome browser. This issue has been resolved and Outcomes reports will display when using the Chrome browser.
October 21, 2020
- Previously, if Members typed in a physician name on the case too slowly or paused while typing, the first physician who matched any of the three character criteria was auto-selected before they could finish typing. This issue has been corrected and Members can now type in the physician name and select the correct physician without being auto-selected.
- (WebPT EMR + Outcomes) Previously, when a Member completed a Quick Discharge note, the system converted a Follow Up OMT to a Completion of Care OMT even if the Progress Note (PN) OMT was different than the Initial Evaluation (IE) OMT. This issue has been resolved and a Quick Discharge note will only convert Follow Up OMTs to Completion of Care of OMTs that are the same on the Initial Evaluation and Progress Note.
October 14, 2020
- (WebPT EMR + Outcomes) Previously, when a Member completed a Quick Discharge note for a patient that only had an Initial Evaluation (IE) OMT, the system incorrectly converted it to a Completion of Care OMT. This issue has been resolved and a Quick Discharge note will only convert Follow Up OMT’s to Completion of Care OMTs.
October 7, 2020
Added Admission Source Field Requirement on UB-04 Enabled Clinics: Previously, the Admission Source field was not required for UB-04 enabled clinics and Members forgot to fill in the field with the necessary information. Now, the Admission Source field will be required if the clinic has the following settings set to ON:
- UB-04 preference;
- insurance setting titled “Apply UB-04 Billing”; and
- insurance with the UB-04 selected on a case.
September 30, 2020
FY 2021 ICD-10 Updates: To ensure Members remain compliant and up to date on all the latest diagnosis codes, the mandatory ICD-10 updates (released by CMS every year) have been added, deleted, and updated. Click here to view the updates. These codes are effective as of Thursday, October 1, 2020.
August 26, 2020
Updated Patient Demographic Fields (WebPT EMR + RevFlow): Updates made to the below fields in RevFlow now automatically flow into the WebPT EMR. Double entry has been eliminated, thus saving Members time. Click here to learn more about the WebPT EMR and RevFlow integration.
Updated Balance from Billing System (WebPT EMR + RevFlow): Previously, the header with a patient’s outstanding balance from RevFlow was missing from the printed Agenda view. Now, Members can print the Agenda view with the outstanding balance header displayed above the column with the balance information. Click here to learn more about viewing a patient’s balance from RevFlow.
August 19, 2020
Changed Ability to Inactivate Patient (WebPT EMR + RevFlow): In order to ensure data between the WebPT EMR and RevFlow is correct, there are now limits to when patients can be inactivated. These limits will direct Members to correctly discharge patients so that they remain accessible and consistent in reports. Click here to learn more about inactivating a patient.
- Previously, the measure name was missing from the second sub-bullet under the fourth option for MIPS 226-3 and read, “Documentation of Medical Reason(s) for not Providing Tobacco Cessation Intervention in Measure.” This issue has been corrected and the option now reads, “Documentation of Medical Reason(s) for not Providing Tobacco Cessation Intervention" in Measure 226-2.”
July, 29, 2020
Updated MIPS Measure 154: Previously, Members who completed the Modified Falls Efficacy Scale were not getting credit for it on the MIPS tab. Now, therapists participating in MIPS are able to use the Modified Falls Efficacy scale to meet the requirements for Measure 154: Falls Risk.
- Members with the OfficeAlly billing integration experienced an issue where the clinic fee schedule’s transaction amounts were not included in the billing snapshot. This issue has been resolved and affected Members will no longer need to manually update transaction amounts in their billing software.
July 22, 2020
RevFlow to WebPT: Payment on Account: WebPT EMR + RevFlow Members are now able to accept a payment against an outstanding balance without a date of service by entering it in the Payment on Account menu in the WebPT EMR. The payment will then be applied automatically in RevFlow against the remaining balance.
July 8, 2020
Added Treating Diagnosis Filed (MIPS): Members can now enter ICD-10 codes for the HM measures in the treating diagnosis field. Previously these codes could only be entered in the diagnosis field.
Added Ability to Convert a Follow Up Survey to Discharge Survey (WebPT EMR + Outcomes): Members with WebPT Outcomes are now able to convert a follow-up outcomes survey to a discharge survey by completing a Quick Discharge note. This is helpful for Members to indicate care has been completed for patients who have self-discharged (a necessary step in order to include patients in national benchmarking reports).
June 24, 2020
- Previously, e-visit CPT codes weren’t counting as a visit for patients with non-Medicare insurance types. This issue has been resolved and e-visit CPT codes will not countas a visit for patients with Medicare-type insurances only, and will count as a visit for patients with any other payer type.
June 10, 2020
Print RevFlow Patient Statement (WebPT + RevFlow Members): Often, front office employees are unable to print patient statements on demand because they don’t have access to RevFlow. However, now they have the ability to print a statement directly from the WebPT EMR. Click here for more information on how to print patient statements from the WebPT EMR.
Removed Ability to Change Primary OMT (MIPS 2020): Previously, Members were able to change the primary OMT on a progress note or discharge note which caused the wrong HM measure to display on a progress note. Now, users will no longer be able to change the primary OMT on a progress note or discharge note. This will ensure that the displayed HM measure will be based on the primary OMT in the Initial Evaluation.
Adjusted Primary OMT Selection for Addendum and Other HM OMT (MIPS 2020): Previously, Members were accidentally disabling a HM measure they wanted to report when administering more than one OMT, and used the “Primary Outcome Measurement Tool” drop down menu to identify which OMT was more important. Now, if a Member wants to report a HM measure, they must identify the related OMT as the primary on the progress note and daily note. This also applies to addendums of those progress notes and daily notes; Members will see the Primary Outcomes Measure Tool selection drop down menu disabled.
Forward an Addendum for Co-signature (SOAP 2.0 Only): If a co-signature is required after the original note has been finalized, Members are now able to forward an addendum for co-signature by selecting “Forward” on the list of Note actions. Once forwarded, the addendum will appear on the signing therapist’s Incomplete Cosign Docs worklist on the At a Glance section of WebPT.
May 21, 2020
E-Visit CPT Codes Not Counted Towards Progress Limit: Previously, e-visits were counted towards the Medicare progress note requirement when therapists billed for e-visits for patients with a Medicare-type insurance. Now when a therapist bills for any of the following e-visit CPT codes, it will not count toward the visit count:
Added New “E-Visit” Note Option: When a therapist treating a patient with Medicare insurance that requires a progress note, a new note type option will be available in the "Patient Records Actions" drop down titled "E-Visit." This will allow the therapist to continue e-visit documentation for a patient when a progress note is required.
May 13, 2020
Virtual Visit Modal Updated: Previously, the buttons on the modal for starting a Virtual Visit were not labeled to explain what each button did. Now, the descriptions for each button are more clear and the time that a notification was last sent to a patient is displayed. Click here to view a screenshot of the updated modal for a Member that is enabled with Virtual VIsits and click here to view the modal displayed for a Member not enabled with Virtual Visits.
ICD-10 COVID-19 Codes Added: The following ICD-10 codes for COVID-19 are now available in the WebPT EMR:
- U07.1 COVID-19: virus identified’ is assigned to a disease diagnosis of COVID-19 confirmed by laboratory testing.
- U07.2 COVID-19: virus not identified’ is assigned to a clinical or epidemiological diagnosis of COVID-19 where laboratory confirmation is inconclusive or not available.
Reporting and Analytics: Added Status to Authorization Report: View by Case Status: Active/Discharge has been added to the Authorizations report. Members now have the ability to toggle between active and discharged cases and can view the case status as a column inside the report.
- Previously, user managers were unable to enable Virtual Visits for users with an apostrophe in their name. This issue has been resolved.
- Previously, Members were unable to access the links to MIPS measure descriptions on the MIPS setup page. Now the Member can access the knowledge base articles containing descriptions of measures 126, 127, 134, 226, HM 4, HM 6, HM 7, HM8, via the links on the MIPS setup page.
April 29, 2020
CMS Changes with Common Code Pairings (NCCI Edits/59 Modifier Update): On January 1, 2020, CMS revoked the changes that were put in place for NCCI edits. Please read this APTA article describing the update. As of April 23, the WebPT EMR accurately reflects these changes. Specifically, therapists are now able to pair the following code combinations without the use of 59 or X modifiers:
- 97530 with 97116
- 97161 with 97140
- 97162 with 97140
- 97163 with 97140
- 97110 with 97164
- 97112 with 97164
- 97113 with 97164
- 97116 with 97164
- 97140 with 97164
- 97150 with 97110
- 97150 with 97112
- 97150 with 97116
- 97150 with 97164
Home Exercise Program (HEP): New Videos and Exercises Available: New videos and exercises have been added to our HEP, including:
- 70 additional orthopedic videos; and
- 17 additional lymphedema videos.
ICD-10 Favorites Caused SOAP Note Issue: Previously, when a therapist had a higher number of Diagnosis favorites, he or she was sometimes unable to generate SOAP notes or would lose their entire list of favorites. Improvements have been made to help stabilize the issue.
Expired Plan of Care E-Visit Option: Previously, therapists were unable to bypass the Expired Plan of Care pop-up alert to document an e-visit if the patient’s Plan of Care (POC) had expired. An e-visit button will be added to the Expired Plan of Care pop-up so therapists can document the e-visit and finalize the daily note with a date of service past the expired POC date.
Reporting and Analytics: Added Visit Status to Scheduled Visits Report: A Visit Status column has been added to the Scheduled Visits report. Members are now able to see the status of all visits, including No-Shows and Canceled appointments.
April 15, 2020
Clinic Name on Text Message Reminders: Members can now enter their preferred text message facility name when sending text message reminders. This is helpful for clinics using a DBA (Doing Business As) who want to represent the clinic branding in a patient-facing text message. Click here to view a screenshot. Click here to learn more about setting up text message reminders.
April 8, 2020
Added Telehealth CPT Codes On April 6, 2020: six new CPT codes (98970-2 and 98966-8) were added to the WebPT EMR which will allow Members to use the additional modifiers that they are not currently able to attach to custom CPT codes. These new codes will be listed under the untimed code section with a checkbox to indicate they are billing a unit. Please note, because Members cannot configure these codes to show for only specific payers (they will only have the ability to either show or not show for all payers), there are two options Members can consider:
- Create a payer alert to help therapists know which CPT code they should bill.
- Edit the CPT description for each to lead the description and tell the therapist which payer should use which set of CPT codes.
Click here to learn more.
April 1, 2020
Concurrent Treatment Enhancement: For insurances that have the “auto calculate minutes” setting applied, a box will appear next to the selected CPT codes on SOAP notes. This will allow users to designate that the specific treatment being billed was done concurrently and that the minutes for those charges will not be counted towards the total treatment minutes. Click here to learn more.
Claim Number Field Updates: The Subscriber ID field no longer overrides the values entered into the Claim Number field for Workers Comp and Auto insurance types.
Do Not Carry Forward CO/CQ Modifier Enabled:The CO/CQ modifiers were updated so they don’t carry forward to the next SOAP note if that note wasn’t started by an assistant.
Total Visit Count Displaying on Calendar: To afford Members the ability to better prepare for patient volume and staff their clinics accordingly, total patient visits will now display by individual calendar names. Click here to learn more.
March 19, 2020
E-Visit G-Codes Live in the WebPT EMR: In order to help Members bill for e-visits, three new codes have been added to the WebPT EMR.These new codes will appear in the billing section of SOAP notes, at the bottom of the Untimed Codes sections and above the custom CPT field. Please note that any modifiers that need to be attached to the g-codes can be added via the existing additional modifiers feature. Once those modifiers are attached via that feature, then they will flow into billing integrations, like RevFlow. The three new codes include:
- G2061: Qualified non-physician healthcare professional online assessment and management, for an established patient, for up to seven days, cumulative time during the 7 days; 5–10 minutes
- G2062: Qualified non-physician healthcare professional online assessment and management service, for an established patient, for up to seven days, cumulative time during the 7 days; 11–20 minutes
- G2063: Qualified non-physician qualified healthcare professional assessment and management service, for an established patient, for up to seven days, cumulative time during the 7 days; 21 or more minutes
- After the 12.6 SP3 Logi Engine Upgrade, data/text was being cut off in the Analysis Grid columns. This has been corrected to display the full data inside the cell.
March 11, 2020
Appointment Field Enhancements: Previously, users could only click and select the desired “time,” “date,” and/or “appointment time” when adding or editing an appointment. Enhancements were made so that users can now type in these fields to pull up the desired selection.
Integrated Payments: Duplicate Payment Override Update: Integrated Payments Members can now process duplicate payment transactions by utilizing the Duplicate Payment Override feature. This feature is ideal for duplicate copays being paid on the same patient credit card. Members can now immediately click “Allow Duplicate” after selecting Credit Card to avoid receiving a duplicate error. If the "Allow Duplicate" option is not selected, he or she will still receive the error, but can indicate the duplicate at that point and reprocess the card. Click here to view a screenshot. Click here to learn more.
New Depression Scale Option: The WebPT EMR currently contains the Geriatric Depression Scale for use with elderly patients, and the Mood and Feeling Questionnaire for use with pediatric patients. New fields are available for therapists to document the results of different depression screening instruments which will allow them to enter the name of a different depression screening questionnaire, enter the score obtained, indicate if the results are positive or negative for an indication of depression, and document a follow up plan if needed. Members will need to administer these alternatives on paper and scan the forms into eDOC. Please note: These new fields are not currently available to MIPS participants.
- When a Worker’s Comp insurance type was selected in the patient case, the related cause did not auto-select “Employment Injury.” This issue has been corrected.
March 5, 2020
Open/Missed Notes Report: The Productivity Dashboard in Analytics will be going away soon. But don't worry! The Open & Missed Notes Report can still be accessed under the Notes heading on the Analytics navigation menu at the left side of your screen.
February 26, 2020
Quick Scan Catalina Upgrade: Upgrading to Apple’s newest Mac operating system (OS), Catalina, causes the current version of the QuickScan feature (v. 13.4.1) to no longer be available. QuickScan users can still use the current version of QuickScan, however if upgrading to Catalina, then we recommend upgrading to the newest QuickScan driver (v. 15.2) to ensure compatibility with the new OS.
February 20, 2020
Updated Medicare Cap Titles to Medicare Threshold: The Medicare Cap report in Analytics has been updated to the name Medicare Threshold. This aligns with the EMR's nomenclature.
January 29, 2020
NCCI Edits Reverse: Previously, NCCI ruled that effective January 1, 2020; the therapeutic activities code (CPT® 97530) and the group therapy code (CPT® 97150) will no longer get reimbursed if included on the same date of service as evaluation CPT® codes: 97161, 97162, 97163, 97165, 97166, 97167, 97169, 97170, 97171, and 97172. This decision has been reversed and the WebPT EMR no longer prohibits charging the previously mentioned services with an evaluation code. Click here to read the latest from the APTA or this blog post on WebPT's blog.
January 24, 2020
Integrated Payments Members: Duplicate Payment Override: WorldPay logic previously prevented Members from processing duplicate payments to reduce accidental duplicate charges. Integrated Payments Members can now process duplicate payment transactions with this override functionality, which is helpful in instances when duplicate copays are paid on the same patient credit card. Click here to learn more.
Functional Limitation Reporting (FLR) Disabled for Medicare Payer Types: The FLR modifiers are no longer required resulting in claims being rejected for clinics who had not disabled the FLR setting. Updates have been made to all Medicare insurance types to disable the functional limitation reporting. This does not affect Medicare Replacement insurance types.
January 15, 2020
Billing Bundle Enhancements: To help decrease claim denials, the patient chart and insurance settings received the following minor updates:
- A valid format (maximum of 9 digits) is now required when entering a zip code.
- “Employment” will be automatically selected as the related cause of injury when Workers Comp is the insurance on the patient’s case.
- The default insurance settings have been updated.
- Claim numbers are now required for all Workers Comp insurances.
CPT Code Text Boxes: Text boxes have been added to the following CPT Codes: 20560, 20561, 90912, 90913, 97129, 97130. This will allow therapists the ability to provide additional information about the selected codes when billing.
January 8, 2020
Home Exercise Program (HEP): New Videos and Exercises Available: New videos and exercises have been added to our HEP, including:
- 246 additional neuro videos;
- 50 additional speech exercises (22 of which have audio); and
- 134 hand videos.
Update to Billing Therapeutic Activities and Evaluations on the Same Date of Service: Effective January 1, 2020, the therapeutic activities code (CPT® 97530) and the group therapy code (CPT® 97150) will no longer get reimbursed if included on the same date of service as evaluation CPT® codes: 97161, 97162, 97163, 97165, 97166, 97167, 97169, 97170, 97171, and 97172. In addition, if one of the previously mentioned evaluation codes is billed together with the manual therapy code (CPT® 97140), then the 59 modifier will need to be attached to be considered for reimbursement. Click here for more information on the CMS website.
Location Parameter Added to Saved Reports: Saved reporting will now include saving clinic locations in the saved report parameters, allowing Members to open their saved report and maintain the clinic filters. Click here to learn more about saved reporting.
- There was an issue with intermittent data capture failures in the MIPS table. This primarily impacted accurate reporting of Measure 128 (BMI), but other measures may have also been affected. This has been corrected.