Authorizations (Analytics Report)
Authorizations is an Analysis Grid style report that helps you understand utilization across clinics by providing counts of Available, Used, and Total Authorized Visits. This report also provides insight into patients with more than one authorization. Please note: this information pulls directly from the authorization as added to the patient’s case.
Run and Customize the Report
- Choose which clinics appear in the report using the View Clinics by: drop-down menu and corresponding (…) button.
- Select the desired Date Range.
- Use the View by Case Status to choose whether you want Active or Discharged cases.
- Add custom Filters to create specific segments of data using any of the column values in the report.
- Select Add Chart to visualize the data. Charts can be saved and displayed in your Custom Dashboards.
- Use the Column Headers to Sort, Filter, Group, Aggregate, or Format the report output.
- Once you've manipulated the report to your liking, you can save the customizations to your Saved Reports to run again later or share it with others in your organization.
You can locate this report in the Visits section of Reports. If you do not see the report listed in this section, ensure that you have the correct Analytics Access permission.
Column Field Descriptions
|Last Seen Clinic||The clinic where the patient's most recent finalized note occurred.||Patient Notes|
|Patient Name||The full name of the patient as it appears on the patient chart.||First Name and Last Name fields in the Patient Info section|
|Case Name||The title of the patient's case.||Case Title field in the Add/Edit Case window|
|Assigned Case Therapist||The therapist assigned to the patient's case.||Assigned Therapist field in the Add/Edit Case window|
|Primary Insurance||The name of the primary insurance added to the patient's case.||Primary Insurance drop-down in the Add/Edit Case window|
|Multiple Authorizations||A yes/no flag indicating whether there is more than one authorization for the patient's case.||Add/Edit Authorizations window in the Patient's Case|
|Authorization Number||The authorization number as entered in the Authorization section of the patient's case.||Authorization # field in the Authorizations window|
|Authorization Status||Indicates whether the authorization is active or expired.||Calculation based on the Effective End Date field in the Authorizations window and the current day's date.|
|Authorization Start Date||The start date for the authorization, as entered in the patient's case.||Effective Start date field in the Authorizations window|
|Authorization End Date||The end date for the authorization, as entered in the patient's case.||Effective End date field in the Authorizations window|
|Available Authorization Visits||The number of remaining authorized visits for the patient.||Calculated Value|
|Used Authorization Visits||The number of finalized notes within the patient's case that have dates of service falling within the range of the authorization's start and end dates.||Patient Notes|
|Total Authorized Visits||The total number of authorized visits, as entered in the Authorization window of the patient's case.||Auth Visits field in the Authorizations window|