Keet: WebPT Data Feed
The Keet Patient Engagement tool offers a platform and mobile application to communicate with and engage patients in their care.
Once activated and configured the WebPT EMR New Patient information and Episode of Care (referred to as Patient Case in the WebPT EMR) will feed into the Keet platform. Request to activate your WebPT EMR data feed.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Creating a New Patient
You will need to create the patient or Quick Add a patient in the WebPT EMR to allow patients, cases, and appointments to populate in Keet. As your patients are added or updated in the WebPT EMR a Keet patient will be generated in real-time when the EMR Patient is considered ready for billing, meaning the following Patient Info fields are completed in WebPT EMR:
- Patient Name
- Date of birth
- Gender (sex)
- Contact Info (valid email address)
- If the patient's email is not completed in WebPT EMR the Keet system will not be able to contact the patient for enrollment or provide an accurate workflow. Read more about adding WebPT EMR Patient Contact Info.
- Create and complete the required Case Information including the Related Cause. Read more about adding a WebPT EMR Patient Case or How to add a Related Cause.
- You must select a therapist who is already a mapped provider for Keet to build the patient profile. If you choose an Assigned Therapist for the case in the EMR who is not yet in Keet, the patient will not be created in Keet. Read more about how to create a Care Team member.
Creating a Keet Episode of Care
Once a new patient is added to the WebPT EMR the add/create a patient process, initially creates two Episodes of Care for that patient in Keet.
- A Default Episode of Care is created for all patients by default either manually or through the real-time data feed connection in KEET. The data feed cannot override the Default Episode of Care so this will remain on the patient's profile.
- A Case - Episode of Care is also created representing the patient's CASE from the EMR.
- When multiple Case - Episodes of Care exist for different treatments, for example, a Back case and Knee case, the most recent Case - Episode of care will always be the first case seen when a practitioner clicks on the patient profile. The Episode of Care name will match the Case Title seen in WebPT.
New Episodes of Care in Keet
In the instance where a patient comes in for a subsequent case, this Episode of Care will be created automatically with the proper assignment of the supervising practitioner. This case name will match the Case Title found in WebPT.
Manually Entered Keet Data
You will need to manually complete the following Keet fields once the patient and Case - Episode of Care is created in Keet:
- Insurance in the Episode of Care
- Treatment Category/ Primary Classification in Episode of Care
- Location in the Care Plan
- Clinician in the Care Plan
Creation of Practitioners via the WebPT EMR Datafeed
Practitioners are not currently auto-populated through the data feed if they do not already exist in Keet. A therapist must have a valid WebPT EMR User ID associated with their profile in Keet in order to have patients and Episodes of Care assigned to them. If you have a new care team member, please create their profile in Keet with their corresponding EMR Identifier to ensure the patients are created properly before scheduling their patient in the EMR.
Read more about how to create a Care Team member.
Creation of Encounters via the WebPT EMR Datafeed
Keet Planned Encounter
A Planned Encounter will be created in Keet when an appointment type of Initial Examination is created in WebPT Scheduler, with the Status of Confirmed. If you do not include the Confirmed status when making or updating an appointment the encounter will not be created in Keet.
Keet Arrived Encounter
An Arrived Encounter is created in Keet when an appointment type Initial Examination has the Status of Checked-in. Read more about scheduling appointments, appointment actions, and No Checked-In Appointment Found.
WebPT EMR to Keet Data field Comparisons
The chart below represents which patient data fields from the WebPT EMR feed into the corresponding Keet patient data fields.
|WebPT field||Keet field|
|Patient First Name||First Name|
|Patient Last Name||Last Name|
|Patient DOB||Date of Birth|
|Patient Address ( street, city, state, postal code)||Address|
|Patient Sex (previously Gender)||Patient Gender|
|Mobile and Home Phone||Phone|
|Initial Examination Date (Confirmed)||Initial Eval Start Date (Encounter - Planned)|
|Initial Examination Date (Checked-in)||Initial Eval Start Date (Encounter - Arrived)|
|Therapist (Scheduler)||Supervising Provider ( Encounter)|
|Case Title||Episode of Care - Title|
|Assigned Therapist (Case)||Supervising Therapist ( Episode of Care)|
|Primary Treatment Clinic (Case)||Care Plan Location|