Patient Case Status
Patient Case Status is an Analysis Grid style report that provides information about the patient’s case including Primary Insurance details, Referring Physician, and Total Visit count. It also helps you monitor patient progress by providing Last and Next Appointment information. This report pulls data primarily from the patient case and scheduler, use this case to locate your discharged patients for the chosen date range.
- This report pulls information based on the Last Appointment date (the date of the patient's most recent finalized note). Patients whose Last Appointment date is outside of the selected date range will not appear in this report.
- If you are documenting in both SOAP 1.0 and 2.0, you will see slightly different naming conventions. For example, Initial Evaluation and Initial Evaluation - Certification are 2.0, while Initial Examination is 1.0. Unhide the Note Source column for additional clarity.
Run or Customize the Report
- Choose which clinics appear in the report using the View Clinics by: drop-down menu and corresponding (…) button.
- Select the desired Date Range.
- Use the View Data by Case Status drop-down to select whether you’d like to view data for Active or Discharged cases.
- Add Filters to create specific data segments using any of the column values in the report.
- Select Add Chart to visualize the data. Charts can be saved and displayed in your custom Dashboards.
- Use the Column Headers to Sort, Filter, Group, Aggregate, or Format the report output.
- Once you've manipulated the report to your liking, you can save the customizations to your Saved Reports to run again later or share it with others in your clinic.
Click here, to learn more about Common Uses for the Patient Case Status report.
You can locate this report in the Visits section of Reports in Analytics. If you do not see the report listed in this section, ensure that you have the correct Analytics Access permission.
Column Field Descriptions
|Patient Name||The full name of the patient as it appears on the patient chart.||First Name and Last Name fields in the Patient Info section|
|Case Name||The title of the patient's case. This includes active and discharged cases.||Case Title field in the Add/Edit Case window|
|Case Status||The status of the patient's case in the EMR. This includes active or discharged cases.||Patient Case|
|Case Therapist||The therapist assigned to the patient's case.||Assigned Therapist field in the Add/Edit Case window|
|Primary Diagnosis Code||The primary diagnosis code as identified in the patient’s note. This field can be blank if the Initial Evaluation/Examination is not finalized.||Patient Note|
|Case Creation||The date the case was created in the EMR.||Patient Case|
|Initial Evaluation||The date the initial evaluation was finalized.||Patient Notes|
|Primary Insurance Type||The insurance type for the primary insurance added to the patient's case.||Type drop-down in the Add/Edit Insurance window|
|Primary Insurance||The name of the primary insurance added to the patient's case.||Primary Insurance drop-down in the Add/Edit Case window|
|Total Visits||The total number of finalized notes with dates of service falling within the selected date range.||Patient Notes|
|Scheduled Visits Next 1 Yr||The patient's total number of scheduled appointments for the next 365 days.||Scheduler/Patient Appointments|
|Referring Physician||The full name of the physician who referred the patient, as entered in the patient's case.||Referring Physician field in the Add/Edit Case window|
|Return to Doctor||The date the physician wants to see the patient again, as entered in the patient's case.||Return to Dr. Date field in the Add/Edit Case window|
|Last Appointment||The date of the patient's most recent finalized note.||Patient Notes|
|Last Appointment By||This is the Documenting Therapist for the patient's most recent finalized note.||Patient Notes|
|Last Note Type||The type of note that was finalized. Note: If you are documenting in both SOAP 1.0 and 2.0, you will see slightly different naming conventions. For example, Initial Evaluation and Initial Evaluation - Certification are 2.0, while Initial Examination is 1.0. Unhide the Note Source column for additional clarity.||Note type selected from the Patient Records page (1.0 or 2.0).|
|Last Location||The clinic where the patient's most recent finalized note occurred.||Patient Notes|
|Date of Discharge||The date the patient case was discharged.||Discharge Note|
|Next Scheduled||The date of the patient's next scheduled appointment.||When a field in the Add/Edit Appointment Window on the Scheduler|
|Next Scheduled Calendar||The therapist with whom the patient's next appointment is scheduled.||Schedule field in the Add/Edit Appointment Window on the Scheduler|
|Next appt type||The appointment type for the patient's next visit, as scheduled in the EMR.||Type drop-down in the Add/Edit Appointment Window on the Scheduler|
|Next Location||The clinic where the patient's next appointment will occur.||Scheduler/Patient Appointments|
|Note Source (Hidden)||Displays where the finalized charge was added (SOAP 1.0 or 2.0). Unhide this field using the Columns option under the Gear icon.||Note location|