Add or Edit User Profile (User Manager Only)
Users with User Manager permissions can create, copy, or edit user profiles for their clinics. All user profiles include Profile Picture, Profile Details, Profile Permissions, and Clinic access. Therapist and Assistant profiles also have space for a Therapist Signature.
- Note on Permissions: If certain permissions are grayed out and you cannot select them, please contact Support.
- Note on User Types: If you need to change a User Type, please contact Support. Changing certain user types will cause problems with the profile.
- A Note for WebPT Billing Clinics: Before entering a new provider in the WebPT EMR, confirm that the provider is not already in the system in another location, under a previous name, or login. Adding duplicate providers creates issues for the front office, billing, and reporting. If you have confirmed that the provider is not in WebPT, please add the provider in WebPT. If you are RevServe or RevEquip, email email@example.com with your new provider information. If you are Self-Service, you'll need to perform additional setup in Billing after the provider flows in via the Incomplete Constants report.
Follow the steps below to search, edit, or add a new user.
- Click your clinic name in the upper right corner, and select User Manager.
Use the User Search to find the user that needs to be added or updated.
- Click the Edit link and make the necessary changes.
- If you are not able to locate the User, select Add New User from the center of the page.
Complete the required user information on the Add User screen and Add or Copy the user permissions.
Click Save User, when finished.
To include a photo that will be visible only inside the user profile, click on Upload Profile Picture, browse to select the file and click Open. You can remove the photo at any time using the Remove Photo button.
- Enter your password in the Password section. A Strong password must contain at least 8 characters, 1 number, 1 special character, and both upper and lowercase letters.
- When you type in the password, the requirements will be displayed and you will be able to save it when they are met. You are required to use a Strong password. If the password strength says "Good" you won't be able to save the user. The more complex your password is, the more security it provides for your account information.
- Re-enter your password in the Confirm Password field. This field will turn red if your passwords do not match.
Profile details vary depending on user type. Select User Type first to see all fields and which are required.
Note: When creating a user profile, the status default is Active. If you do not have a WebPT user license available, the profile will be saved as Inactive. You can then request a license adjustment and when you have a license available, change the status to Active.
Click here for details on user permissions.
Click here for instructions on adding a clinic location to a user profile.
Click on the Clinic(s) drop-down, and select the new clinic locations. The clinic name will appear in the list of clinics the user has access to.
Click here for instructions on loading a signature.
Resolve 'Error when saving profile'
'Error when saving profile,' is usually due to typographical errors. We recommend the following to resolve the error.
- Create a Strong password that contains at least 8 characters, 1 number, 1 special character, and both upper and lowercase letters.
- Use Auto Password Reset.
- Verify the Username and Email are unique.
- Verify the License number and NPI number are correct.
- If you do not have the user's NPI, please use 9999999995 as a placeholder NPI.
- If you do not have the user's License #, please use 00000 as a placeholder License #.
- Verify at least 1 permission and clinic are added to the profile.