How to Use Appointment Reminders
Automatic appointment reminders can reduce costly no-shows by as much as 30%, and save time for front office staff by reducing the volume of time-consuming patient calls. You can send an individual Voice, Text, or Email, to your patients for each appointment or any combination of Voice, Text, or Email. The Reminder Log tracks the status of each outgoing reminder message and a copy of the reminder message.
- Before using appointment reminders, a user with Clinic Admin permissions needs to complete the one-time setup.
- For best results avoid multi-tab browsing in the Scheduler (opening more than one tab). Opening more than one Scheduler window may affect the saving behavior of the App.
Patient Reminders are added through the patient chart or by using the checkbox in each appointment on the calendar.
Create Appointment Reminder for Existing Patient
From the patient's chart, select Patient Info.
Select the Contact Info tab:
Voice Call/Text Reminders
Click Add Contact and select Phone for Contact Type, or edit an existing Phone contact and select Voice Call or Text Message for reminder type.
- Voice Call/Text reminders are static and cannot be modified.
- When the patient answers the voice call reminder, the recording will play once there is zero background noise from the patient.
- Click Add Contact and select Email for Contact Type, or edit an existing Email contact, and check the check box for Apt. Reminders.
- Click Ok to save the Contact.
- Scroll down and click Save Patient.
Customize your email reminder message from Appointment Reminder Setup.
Patient Appointment Window
If you set up appointment reminders when you add a patient profile, the Add Patient Reminder box will be checked in the appointment. Otherwise, you can edit each scheduled appointment and check the Add Patient Reminder checkbox, then Save. To verify the appointment reminder is properly set up for the patient's forthcoming appointment, the appointment should contain the clock icon. For information on troubleshooting patient reminders not being received by the patient, click here.