Manage your clinic settings by clicking on your Clinic Name at the top right of the WebPT Dashboard. Users with Clinic Admin permission have access to Clinic Settings.
From the EMR Dashboard, navigate to the company drop-down menu and select Clinic Settings.
Click the link to review the setting details
Set clinic passwords to expire every 30, 60, or 90 days.
Set alerts for prescriptions by Days in Advance of expiration and Visits before expiration. These alerts will appear in the patient chart and in the At A Glance section of the dashboard. For more information on managing prescriptions, click here.
Enable Agenda Note Status Icons to see if notes are started or completed right on the Agenda. For more information on Agenda Icons, click here.
This alert will display a notification if you attempt to schedule an appointment for a patient who already has an appointment for that same day.
Therapist Assistant Note Finalization
This setting defaults to On for all clinics and is one of the three required permissions that must be turned on to allow assistant finalization (in conjunction with the user and insurance-level permissions). If the setting is toggled to Off, assistants cannot finalize notes even if the insurance and user-level permissions are enabled.
Medicare Cap Alerts System
Enable the Medicare Cap Alerts System to access the different alerts; if you turn it Off, the other options will not be available to select. Once it is turned to On, choose which of the three alerts to enable for your clinic.
- Medicare Cap Alerts: alert in the patient chart when the patient is approaching the Medicare Threshold
- Manual Medicare Review Alerts: alert in the patient chart when a patient is approaching the Manual Medicare Review Amount
- Medicare Cap Display on Scheduler: shows Medicare threshold amounts on Scheduler appointments
For more information on the Medicare Cap Alerts and Fee Schedule, click here.
Medicare Fee Schedule
Choose the correct regional location and facility type for your clinic. Even if you don't treat Medicare patients, complete this section to avoid a persistent login prompt.
- Require completion of an Outcome Measurement Tool (OMT) for all patients (excludes speech therapists): If turned On, PTs and OTs are required to select an OMT from the dropdown for initial exams, re-exams, progress notes, and discharges. These notes cannot be finalized using any other OMT.
Note: SLPs can finalize the document with any OMT.
- Show entire OMT questionnaire when clicking on OMT score box: displays the full OMT when the score field is selected and requires each question on the OMT to be answered.
- Include patient satisfaction, functional activity, and goal progress questions with the OMT: set to On by default, this option allows patients to report on their satisfaction, functional activity, and goal progression.
- For more information on Outcomes Settings click here.
- These settings will affect all clinics within a company.
- Use these settings to send payment data to your billing application, as well as select the types of payments that are sent.
- These settings are only used for our WebPT Members integrated with AdvancedMD and will affect all clinics within a company.
- Use these settings to send patient identification and payment data to AdvancedMD, as well as select the types of payments that are sent. For more information on AdvancedMD and these settings, click here.
- Require referrals to be collected for every patient: when turned on, the Marketing Referral field becomes required on the case when Referred by Physician is set to No.
- Require the Primary Treatment Clinic to be collected for all patient cases: if required, the Primary Treatment Clinic field will automatically be populated with a dropdown which will allow you to select a different clinic.
Select the Submitting Facility and Bill Classification from the Type of Bill drop-downs. This section also displays the current UB-04 configuration for the clinic.
Place of Service
Indicate the Place of Service where the majority of your services are provided (i.e. Office) for this clinic location. You can also allow users to change the Place of Service on individual cases and documentation.
Billing Application Settings
Indicate if your billing partner accepts CPT codes with zero units entered.
Important: Clinics integrated with RevFlow must have this setting Off.
Therapist Assistant Supervision Verbiage
Indicate if you want the supervision information to appear on SOAP notes or not. If active, the text will appear at the bottom of the Assessment tab once the note is forwarded to the assistant's supervision.
Quick Add Patients
Determine whether you want Quick Add Patient to be available to your clinic users. Clinics may choose to turn this feature off to require all data to be entered when creating a patient.
Set your Default Patient Status and Default Case Status for Therapist, Assistant, Clerical, and Student user types. It is recommended that Clerical users have the Default Patient Status set to All.