Let’s review the Medicare-compliant features in SOAP 2.0. These apply to patients with Medicare listed as the primary or secondary insurance on their case.
Medicare Plans of Care
- Plans of Care can be created on Initial Evaluation or Progress Notes. Notes, where a Plan of Care was created, will show a Certification or Re-Certification on the note type.
- You’ll receive an alert on the patient’s SOAP 2.0 chart when:
- A current signed plan of care is not in eDocs.
- The patient’s plan of care is expired
- When a Medicare plan of care is expired, you have two options:
- Create a Daily Note within the valid Plan of Care range
- Complete a Re-Certification Progress Note to update the Plan of Care dates
- A Progress Note will be required after nine Daily Notes are finalized to comply with Medicare documentation requirements. The Daily Note option will be disabled until a Progress Note is finalized.
- A Standardized Test must be completed. Click here for a list of all Medicare-required fields in the documentation.
- Medicare certifications can only be completed on evaluative notes. To complete a Medicare Certification or Re-certification, select the “This note is a Medicare Certification” checkbox on an Initial Evaluation, or the “This note is a Medicare Re-Certification” checkbox on a Progress Note.
- Charge Summary
- 8-Minute Rule validation in the Charge Summary.
- CO/CQ modifiers for assistant-provided services. Click here to learn more.
- When the KX/GA modifier is selected on the patient's case, then the respective modifier will automatically be applied to all charges added to a note. In order to ensure compliance with Medicare regulations, these modifiers cannot be unselected.
An alert will display in SOAP 2.0 if a therapist is approaching or exceeding the Targeted Medical Review Threshold guidelines for Medicare ($2,080.00). Add the KX or GA modifier to dismiss the alert. Click here to learn more.