System-Generated and Custom Alerts
Manage custom and system-generated alerts from the Patient’s 2.0 record page. All patient-specific alerts display within the Alerts Drawer.
IN THIS ARTICLE
View alerts by clicking on the Alerts Badge.
- Authorization Alerts: You'll receive Authorization alerts when the patient has an authorization ending in 2 visits, the number of units falls below 10 (SOAP 2.0 only), or within 7 days.
- Prescription Alerts: You’ll receive Prescription alerts when the patient has an expiring prescription. These alerts are based on the data entered for the Days Prior and Visits Prior fields when adding the prescription.
- Medicare Threshold Alerts: You’ll receive Medicare Threshold alerts when the patient is approaching or has exceeded the Targeted Medical Review Threshold.
- Plan of Care Alerts: You’ll receive Plan of Care alerts when the patient has an expiring plan of care. This alert displays for both Medicare and Non-Medicare patients as long as the Plan of Care dates were added to the evaluation.
- Needs Progress Note Alerts:
- You’ll receive Needs Progress Note alerts once 8 Daily Notes have been completed or 30 days have passed since the last evaluative note. The Create Note button will prompt you to create a Progress Note. However, a Daily Note can still be completed from the drop-down menu — with the exception of Medicare patients.
Create a Custom Alert
You can use custom alerts to include important safety information or patient info. There are two ways to create a custom alert: the patient records screen in SOAP 2.0, or the Additional Info field when using the Quick Add Patient feature.
Create Custom Alert On Patient Record
To create a custom alert from the patient records screen in SOAP 2.0:
- Open the Alerts Drawer, and click Add Alert.
- Choose an Alert Type from the drop-down.
- Enter a (1) Description and click (2) Apply.
- The alert displays in the Alerts Drawer. Click on the Alert type to update.
- You can edit or delete the alert from this pop-up.
Note: We do not recommend deleting alerts unless you plan to address the alert immediately.
Create Custom Alert Using Quick Add Patient
To create an alert while using the Quick Add Patient feature:
- Click Quick Add Patient on the WebPT Dashboard.
- Fill out the information on the Quick Add Patient form as you normally would.
- Use the Additional Info field to add your custom alert.
- The text entered will display in the Alerts Drawer of the patient’s SOAP 2.0 chart.