Plans of Care (Medicare)
You’ll be alerted on the patient’s chart when the patient’s Medicare Plan of Care is expired. If you’re using eDocs, you’ll also be alerted to the expiration of the Plan of Care in eDoc. Click here for instructions on resolving the eDoc alert.
When a Medicare plan of care is expired, you have two options:
- Create a Daily Note within the valid Plan of Care range
- Complete a Re-Certification Progress Note to update the Plan of Care dates
Create a Daily Note within the Valid Plan of Care Range
- Use the Secondary Actions menu (...) and select Daily Note.
- On the alert, select Yes and click Apply.
- If you attempt to add a Date of Visit outside of the Plan of Care date, you’ll receive the following alert.
Complete a Re-Certification Progress Note
- Click Create Progress Note.
- Complete the note as usual.
- In the Assessment section, check the ‘This note is a Medicare Re-Certification’ box.
- This allows you to update the Plan of Care Effective Dates. The From date automatically updates to today’s date and the To date is determined by the Duration selected in the Planned Treatment and Schedule subsection.
- Sign the note.
- Updating the Plan of Care dates will update the note title to include the Re-Certification title tag.