Forward/Cosign Note Workflow
Forwarding a SOAP note in 2.0 is similar to the 1.0 process.
First, you’ll need to make sure that the user has the Forward SOAP Notes permission.
How to Forward a SOAP Note
Before you forward a SOAP note, ensure that:
- The documentation is complete (free of errors).
- The documentation is accurate (you haven’t under or overbilled).
The system will generate an error when you try to forward a note if discrepancies are detected.
- Use the (...) button at the top of the note to select Forward.
- Select the supervising therapist from the drop-down, then click Apply. Notes can only be forwarded to a provider user type (PT, OT, SLP).
How to Sign a Forwarded SOAP Note
Notes requiring a co-signature will appear in the therapist's At a Glance dashboard view under the Incomplete Cosign Docs section.
Important: Follow the steps below to access the cosign document. Opening the note using any other method will result in a single signature on the document, not a co-signature. If the therapist opens the note incorrectly, save it as a draft. The assistant should then open an Addendum on the draft note and forward it to the therapist again.
- Click on the Incomplete Cosign Docs alert to open a table of all pending cosign notes.
- From the Incomplete Cosign Documents table, select the note needing to be co-signed.
- Review the SOAP note. If any changes are needed, inform the documenting therapist to make the corrections and re-forward the note.
- Click Sign at the top of the note.
- Both the assistant and finalizing therapists’ information will appear on the finalized note.
- The patient’s chart will reflect the supervising therapist’s name.