Charge Summary: Carry Forward
CPT® Codes added to the Charge Summary section of the note will carry forward onto subsequent notes with a few key exceptions. Let’s review.
- Let’s start with our evaluation. We’ve added three codes to the charge summary. Here is a look at our finalized note.
- Let’s open a Daily Note and access the Charge Summary section. First, we’ll see a Last updated date. This indicates information has carried forward from a previous note. Click on the section.
- Next, we’ll see that only two of three charges have carried forward. This is the intended behavior. Evaluation codes will not carry forward.
- We can also see that the Minutes fields are blank. This is also intentional. We don’t want to assume that the treatment minutes are consistent, even if the billed codes are.
- Attempting to Sign the note without completing the Charge Entry section will create the following error.
- The section turns red and indicates that it is a required field. Click the Add to Note button to add the charges to your note. You can also edit the charges on this page.
- Confirm that the charges apply to the services rendered, add any charges and minutes. Click Sign when you’re ready.