Health Check: Missed Notes Report
The EMR Account Health/Healthcheck series is designed to help you get the most out of the WebPT EMR while staying on top of crucial workflows.
Compare the Missed Notes report and Productivity (1.0)/Scheduled Visits (2.0)report to gauge your clinic’s performance by completing SOAP documentation in a timely manner.
Within the EMR dashboard, the Productivity Report/Scheduled Visits Report tracks the average number of patients seen, while the Missed Notes report tracks how many notes are not completed for scheduled patient visits.
Monitoring this set of data will allow you to stay on track with SOAP documentation. If the Productivity report/Notes by Clinic report states your clinic averages 100 visits per day, but the Missed Note report reveals 125 missed notes, notes are not being completed and billed for each scheduled visit.
We recommend comparing the Missed Notes report and Productivity/Scheduled Visits reports daily, evaluating the performance of the day prior. This should be completed either at the beginning of the day for the previous day's data.
SOAP 1.0 Users:
- Select Productivity Report from the Reports menu.
- Use the drop-down menus to set the (a)Start Date and (b) End Date, to select the dates for the report. Additionally, you have the ability to filter by (c) Insurance and (d)Therapist. Then click (e) Generate Report.
- The Productivity Report displays the total number of patients seen and the note types completed by the insurance, therapist, or overall. You’ll want to compare the number in the Patients Seen column to the missed notes report in the next step.
- Next, select the Missed Notes Report from the Reports menu.
- Use the drop-down menus to set the same (a)Start Date and (b)End Date as used in the Productivity Report. Additionally, you have the ability to filter by (c)Clinic Patients. Then click (d)Generate Report.
- The Missed Notes Report displays the status of note finalizations for each scheduled patient.
- When comparing the Productivity Report and the Missed Notes report, your reports should not indicate more than 1 days worth of missed notes for patients seen within any given day. So essentially, you want the Patients Seen per day to be equal to or less than the number of outstanding Missed Notes.
SOAP 2.0 Users:
- From the EMR dashboard, go to Analytics.
- Select the Scheduled Visits report from the Visits section of Reports.
- Use the Date Range drop-down menu to select a day to review, then click Apply.
- Next, click on the Appointment Type column and choose Agreggate then Count.
- The resulting count displays the total number of patients seen for that day. You can also group by insurance or therapist, as needed. You’ll want to compare this Count value to the Missed Notes report in the next step.
- Next, select Missed Notes report from the Notes section of Reports.
- Use the Date Range drop-down menu to select an earlier date, then click Apply.
- The Missed Notes report displays patients with a scheduled appointment and without a finalized note. Use the Aggregate then Count function on any column to determine the total number of missing notes.
- When comparing the Scheduled Visits and Missed Notes reports, your reports should not indicate more than 1 day's worth of missed notes for patients seen within any given day. So essentially, you want the Appointment Type Count Value per day to be equal (=) to or (<) less than the number of outstanding Missed Notes.