Health Check: Finalized Note Volume Trends
The EMR Account Health/Healthcheck series is designed to help you get the most out of the WebPT EMR while staying on top of crucial workflows.
Utilize the Documented Visits report in Analytics to identify the total number of notes finalized per month over the previous 6-month period.
Monitoring your finalization note volume trends will provide insight into your clinic’s performance. Noticeable trends and drop-offs may indicate underlying issues such as an inconsistent appointment volume, delays in note finalization, or overall loss of incoming patients.
We recommend running this report every few months to ensure your clinic is maintaining or improving productivity.
- Select Analytics from the EMR dashboard.
- Select Documented Visits in the Notes section of Reports in Analytics.
- Set a Custom Date range of 6 months.
- Select Add Chart.
- Use the drop-down menus and select Date of Service and Visit ID. The graph will generate your clinic’s Finalized Note Volume Trend for the last 6 months.
- Ideally, your finalized notes trend should reflect consistent reporting.
- If your finalized notes trend contains substantial drop-offs, use this insight to evaluate your clinic’s performance. Drop-offs may indicate issues within reporting.