The Profile of a WebPT Superuser (Large Organizations)
The WebPT Superuser, identified during Onboarding, represents your organization as the "go-to" or "first point of contact" person for your staff for any questions or issues related to the use and navigation of the WebPT EMR. The Superuser is responsible for escalating anything they are unable to resolve directly to the WebPT Support on the user's behalf. Superusers will also act as the first line of support during the first week of go-live activity.
It is highly recommended that all Superuser candidates attend all WebPT EMR training sessions in order to become the internal Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the software for your organization. It is also recommended that all Superusers attend the weekly syncs during the onboarding process but this is not required. Here are some additional responsibilities of a Superuser:
- You are responsible for training any new staff that will be using the software for your organization after go-live (post onboarding).
- You may be granted access to most or all clinic locations inside of your WebPT hierarchy to troubleshoot issues for other users. This right is solely at the discretion of the clinic director/owner.
- You may be assigned a higher level of WebPT user permissions than a standard user would normally receive. This right is solely at the discretion of the clinic director/owner.
User Permissions Defined
- View Patients: Provides view-only access to the Patient Manager on the navigation panel.
- Edit Patients: Provides edit access to the Add Patient and Quick Add Patient in the patient manager on the navigation panel.
- View Users: Provides access to the User Manager link under the clinic name. The User Manager page allows users to request license adjustments and add additional users.
- Edit Users: Allows edit permissions for all other user profiles in the clinic as well as change the status (e.g., Active or Inactive) for other users.
- Start SOAP Notes: Allows users to add documentation to a patient’s chart.
- Forward SOAP Notes: Allows users to forward notes to other users for co-signature.
- Finish SOAP Notes: Allows users to finalize patient documentation. The user manager must complete an attestation if enabling this permission for an assistant user type.
- Calendar Admin: Provides access to Calendar Settings and User Permissions tab and Clinic Settings tab in Scheduler.
- Clinic Admin: Provides access to Clinic Settings, Patient Intake Admin, Medicare Fee Schedule, Reminder Usage, Reminder Setup, Analytics, and Referral Report. This permission also allows users to remove location access from patients.
- Company Admin: Provides access to WebPT Outcomes Report, Company Fee Schedule, and Company Settings. Company Admins do not see Clinic Settings, Patient Intake Admin, or Medicare Fee Schedule.
- Edit/Delete Patient Transactions: Allows users to edit/delete Patient Payments.
- Insurance Admin: Provides edit access to the Insurance Manager. This will prevent any accidental changes to insurance settings.
- Billing Report Admin: Provides access to the Billing Report. This will ensure that only permissioned users can review patient billing details.
- Analytics Access: Provides access to the Analytics feature. Only those with this permission will see the Analytics icon in the header menu.