Create Task Tags
*This product is currently in Limited Release to a select group of Members and will be gradually rolled out over the following weeks.
Create custom tags to group related tasks together for work queues, management, and reporting purposes. Task tagging allows you to categorize tasks to guide your work queues. Tags also provide an enhanced filtering option.
How are Task Tags different from Task Types?
Task Types are static, meaning they cannot be created or edited. The available Task Types are Task, Reminder, Call Patient, Authorizations, and General. Task Types help to define or evaluate individual tasks.
Task Tags are unique to your organization and can be created in the Settings tab. Create tags like 1st Call, 2nd Call, Awaiting Call Back, Awaiting Plan of Care, etc. to sort your tasks for enhanced filtering purposes. Tags can be active (available for use) or inactive (not available).
Create a Task Tag
- Select your name and/or organization in the upper right-hand corner to access Settings, then select Tags on the left side panel.
Note: To navigate back to the Tasks Table, click the WebPT Tasking logo in the top left corner of the screen.
- Click Create Tag.
- Enter the Tag Details.
- Organization: If you belong to multiple organizations, use the drop-down menu to select which clinic the task tag belongs to. Note: Tags are specific to each organization. In order to use the same tag across multiple organizations, create the tag for each organization.
- Tag Name: Enter the name of the tag (i.e. Insurance, Prescription, etc.)
- Status: Use the radio buttons to make the tag active or inactive.
- Click Save.
- The new tag is now available for tasks. The Tags list displays all of the active and inactive tags currently created for your organization.
- To make a tag inactive for use, select the blue checkmark. A pop-up will confirm your selection. Note: Once a task is marked inactive, it cannot be used for future tasks. Any tasks that were previously tagged will maintain the tag for reporting purposes.
Add a Tag to a Task
- To add a tag to a task, open the task and select the Tags tab.
- Enter keywords in the search bar, or use the drop-down menu to see the tags available to your organization. Select the checkbox to add the tag to the task. More than one tag can be added to a task.
- From the Tasks table, use the Tag column to view the tags associated with each task.
- If a task contains multiple tags, hover over the tag column to view the complete list of tags.
- To filter the task list by tag, select the Tags icon. Enter keywords in the search bar and select the checkbox(es) to filter by tag. Select None to view any tasks that do not have an associated tag.