Remove Prior Existing OT and PT/SLP Treatment Dollar Amounts
Because the Prior Existing OT and PT/SLP treatment amount is not automatically removed from the patient's chart, you'll need to manually update these fields at the beginning of each year.
- Click on Patient Info at the top of the patient chart.
- From the Insurance tab, choose the Edit icon on the Medicare insurance type.
- On the Edit Insurance window ensure the Medicare Insurance is selected, then click Next.
- Review and update any Policy Information
- Policy Dates
- Update Deductible Amounts
- Uncheck Deductible Met checkbox (if selected)
- Click Next.
- Clear out the dollar amount in each box to reset the dollar amount used for OT and PT/SLP Treatment. This ensures the therapy cap will calculate progress toward the targeted medical review threshold in the new year. Click Next.
- On the Guarantor window, click OK.
- Don’t forget to click Save Patient at the bottom of the screen to save your changes.