Measure 155: Falls: Plan of Care (SOAP 2.0)
This is a guide for 2.0 measure reporting. For 1.0 measure reporting, click here.
This is a linked measure that will only be reported when Measure 154 is documented as “positive.” This is a high priority measure and is eligible for one additional bonus point when reported with another high priority measure.
Note: This measure has been classified as topped out and is capped at 7 points.
Who can report this measure?
PTs and OTs can report this measure.
- Patient age (65 or older)
- Completion of Measure 154 with a “positive” screening for future fall risk/documentation of two or more falls within the past year or any fall with injury within the past year
- Visit type: Initial Evaluation or Re-Evaluation
When do I report on this measure?
Reporting is once per performance period, and only when Measure 154 is reported as “positive” and an eligible procedure code is billed.
Eligible Procedure Codes
PT: 97161, 97162, 97163, 97164
OT: 97165, 97166, 97167, 97168
- The Plan of Care must include balance, strength, and gait training and include one of the following options:
- Documentation that balance, strength, and gait training/instructions were provided, OR
- Referral to an exercise program, which includes at least one of the three components: balance, strength, or gait, OR
- Referral to physical therapy
For more information on Measure 155, please see the Measure Specification Guide.
Measure Reporting in WebPT
- Click the MIPS badge in the Case Summary to view the current Measure Status. Here you will see all measures that the patient is eligible for based on their Diagnoses and Procedure Code.
- In the Measure Status section, validate that Measure 154 has been met. A “positive” screening on Measure 154 is required to complete Measure 155.
- On the Assessment section, select the Problems & Goals subsection to view and edit the required fields for Measure 155.
- Measure Met: Select the checkbox if the plan of care addresses balance, strength, and gait training and details are documented in the visit note. This triggers a Measure Met indicator in the Measure Status column. When finished documenting, validate the selection in the Measure Status column.
- Excluded: Select the Excluded radio button if the patient meets any of the following reasons, then select the Reason in the required field:
- Patient not ambulatory (i.e., patient is bed ridden, immobile, wheelchair bound)
- Hospice services for the patient are provided during the measurement period
- Not Met: Select the Not Met radio button if Falls Plan of Care is not documented, reason not otherwise specified.
- If the note is signed without completing the required fields, an alert will appear. Required fields must be completed before submitting the note.