Benchmarking: Local Productivity KPIs
Curious about how your clinic ranks against 30 like-sized clinics in your area? Check out the local Benchmarking tool. We’ll show you where you rank on each of the KPIs covered in the dashboard, comparing you to clinics with your same provider range, leveraging your clinic’s ZIP code to compare you to the 30 clinics nearest you.
Remember: Benchmarking reports are only available to Analytics Pro users.
Please note that your clinic must have completed 10 visits within the selected month to view benchmarking data. Select the clinic you’d like to view benchmarking data for from the Clinic drop-down.
How Local is Local?
The idea of local is relative, based on the amount of like-sized clinics in your area. For example, if you’re a clinic in a highly populated city, you may be able to find 29 clinics like you in a 2-mile radius. However, if you’re a clinic in a more rural location, you may need something closer to a 100-mile radius to find the necessary 30 clinics.
Why Are Localized Comparisons Important?
It makes more sense to compare your clinics to others geographically close to you. Population sentiment about physical therapy, transportation availability, potential patient pool, and vicinity all play a large role in patient flow. You’ll achieve a more accurate rank when compared to other clinics whose patients have similar sociological factors.
Providers who are made inactive in the EMR will not appear in the Initial Evaluations Per Provider or Visits Per Provider KPIs.
You may notice that the minimum and maximum numbers on the Account Performance chart aren’t always 0 or 100. This is intentional. We’ve implemented a three-standard-deviation rule to exclude extreme outliers from the data. This leaves us with about a 99.7% inclusion rate. We’ve made the decision to exclude these outliers because we’ve found that they typically represent workflows inconsistent with our best practices and would not be fair to include.
For this reason, the clinic mix of the 30 other clinics you’re compared against may not be the same clinic mix for each KPI. You’ll always be compared to 30 local clinics, however, some clinics may be replaced by the next closest like-sized clinic if their data falls outside our acceptable deviation.
Determine which segment fits your clinic. Benchmarking reports only compare you to like-sized clinics based on the number of providers.
- 25th Percentile: 25% of clinics in your benchmarking segment have a value lower than this number for the selected date range.
- Median: 50% of clinics in your benchmarking segment have a value lower than this number for the selected date range.
- 75th Percentile: 75% of clinics in your benchmarking segment have a value lower than this number for the selected date range.
- Account Performance: Your value for the represented metric plotted on a bar chart containing the minimum value (the lowest value present for the selected date range from companies in your benchmarking segment) and the maximum value (the highest value present for the selected date range from companies in your benchmarking segment.)
- Rank: Your position for the selected metric out of the total number of clinics represented for that KPI.
- Date Range: Specific date range for displayed benchmarking data.