Referrals (Analytics Report)
Referrals Report is an Analysis Grid style report that allows you to manage both Physician and marketing referral sources and includes SOAP 1.0 and 2.0 data. You can also gain insight into which referrals have or have not converted, calculate the average time to conversion, or learn more about commonly referred diagnosis codes. Click here, to learn more about Common Uses for the Referrals Analytics report.
You can locate this report in the Referrals section of Reports in Analytics. If you do not see the report listed in this section, ensure that you have the correct Analytics Access permission.
Run and Customize the Report
- Choose which clinics appear in the report using the View Clinics by: drop-down menu and corresponding (…) button.
- Select the desired Date Range. This pulls data based on the Referral Received Date.
- Add Custom Filters to create specific segments of data using any of the column values in the report.
- Select Add Chart to visualize the data. Charts can be saved and displayed in your Custom Dashboards.
- Use the Column Headers to Sort, Filter, Group, Aggregate, or Format the report output.
- Once you've manipulated the report to your liking, you can save the customizations to your Saved Reports to run again later or share it with others in your organization.
- The Primary Treatment Clinic column will display (Unassigned) if the Primary Treatment Clinic was not selected when the case was created and the Clinic Setting for Primary Treatment Clinic is not turned on. This field will automatically populate with the Initial Evaluation Clinic when the IE is finalized. However, there may be instances where the Primary Treatment Clinic and the Initial Evaluation Clinic are not the same locations. Click here to read more about preventing Unassigned data in this column.
- The Initial Evaluation Clinic field will display (Unassigned) until the Initial Evaluation is finalized. You cannot prevent the Unassigned value from appearing in this column. This field is how you can tell that a referral has not yet been converted. Consider grouping by this column and using the Aggregate > Count function to determine how many unconverted referrals you have for the selected Date Range.
- You can learn more about time to conversion by looking at the Referral Received Date, Case Creation Date, and the Initial Evaluation date. This does require your clinic to create cases as soon as you have enough information (ideally prior to the patient’s arrival), and accurately input the referral received date. Click here to read more about the Referral Received Date.
Primary Treatment Clinic
If you encounter a lot of data classified as (Unassigned) when looking at the Referrals Analysis grid, it indicates the patient is not converted. This happens when the primary treatment clinic was not designated when creating the case and the initial evaluation has not yet occurred. Want to avoid (Unassigned) data points? Require the collection of the primary treatment clinic when the case is created in your clinic settings.
Referral Received Date
The Referral Received Date field defaults to the date the case was created. It is extremely important that your staff actually inputs the date you received the referral so that you can accurately track metrics such as Average Days Seen After Referral, which can tell you a lot about your scheduling practices and availability. The referral will be allocated to a particular month based on the Referral Received Date (or Case Creation Date if the Referral Received Date was not added).
Column Field Descriptions
|Primary Treatment Clinic||The primary clinic location where the patient receives treatment, as noted in the patient's case. This field can be required based on a clinic setting. If there is no data entered in this field, the field will be unassigned until the Initial Evaluation is finalized. If an Initial Evaluation is never finalized, this field will remain unassigned and won't be attributed to a clinic.||Primary Treatment Clinic drop-down in the Add/Edit Case window|
|Initial Evaluation Clinic||The clinic where the Initial Evaluation or Orthosis Fabrication note was finalized. If there is no finalized IE or OF note in the patient's case, this field will be unassigned.||Patient Note|
|Patient Name||The patient's name as entered in the Patient Info section of the patient chart.||First Name and Last Name fields in the Patient Info section|
|Case||The title of the patient's case.||Case Title field in the Add/Edit Case window|
|Marketing Referral Source||The type of marketing referral, as entered in the Contact record.||Referral Type drop-down in the Add/Edit Contact Window|
|Referral Contact||The name or title of the referral source.||The First Name field in the Add/Edit Contact Window|
|Referring Physician Group||The name of the group the referring physician belongs to.||The Group Name field in the Add/Edit Physician Window|
|Referring Physician||The name of the referring physician, as entered in the patient's case.||First Name and Last Name fields in the Add/Edit Physician Window|
|Related Cause||The related cause, selected from a list of preset options in the patient's case.||Related Cause drop-down in the Add/Edit Case window|
|Primary Diagnosis||The first-listed diagnosis code in the patient's case, typically originating with the referring physician. This field contains the ICD-9 or ICD-10 code only (no code description).||ICD Library section in the Add/Edit Case window|
|Primary Insurance||The name of the primary insurance listed in the patient's case.||Primary Insurance drop-down in the Add/Edit Case window|
|Secondary Insurance||The name of the secondary insurance listed in the patient's case.||Secondary Insurance drop-down in the Add/Edit Case window|
|Referral Received Date||The date the referral was received. This defaults to the case creation date if no data is entered.||Referral Received Date field in the Add/Edit Case window|
|Case Creation||The date the patient's case was created.||Patient Case|
|Initial Evaluation||The date of service listed in the finalized Initial Evaluation or Orthotic Fabrication note type.||Date of Service field in the finalized IE or OF Note|
|Last Seen||The date of the patient's most recent finalized note.||Date of Service field in the finalized SOAP Note|
|Visit Count for Case||The total number of finalized notes for the patient's case that include at least one charge.||Calculated value based on finalized notes|