Documentation: No RCM Billing
Occasionally, you may provide therapy services to a patient and choose not to send those charges to WebPT Billing. In order for those charges to be ignored by the billing integration, you will need to enter a custom CPT code in the billing section of the note.
Curious about when to use Non-Charge vs. NORCM? Check out this article. This method should be used in lieu of the No Charges This Visit button because:
- This note will count as a visit (This ensures alignment with prescribed/authorized visit use)
- This note is required to satisfy the Progress Note Needed alert
- You want to document the treatment provided
NO RCM BILLING
- While completing billing on the Billing tab of an evaluative note or the Objective tab of a daily note, check the Custom Code box in the Untimed Codes section.
- Enter NO RCM BILLING for the Custom CPT Description.
- Enter NORCM in the CPT # field.
Note: You must enter the NORCM code with all capital letters in the Untimed Codes section. If you enter the code into the Timed Codes section it will not function.
- Finalize your note. This is how the code should appear in the finalized documentation.
Claims Feed Report
On the Claims Feed Report in the WebPT EMR, the entry will have a status of Not Sent.