Documentation: No RCM Billing
Occasionally, you may provide therapy services to a patient and choose not to send those charges to RevFlow. In order for those charges to be ignored by the billing integration, you will need to enter a custom CPT code in the billing section of the note. Curious about when to use Non-Charge vs. NORCM? Check out this article.
Note: You must enter the NORCM code with all capital letters in the Untimed Codes section. If you enter the code into the Timed Codes section it will not function.
This method should be used in lieu of the No Charges This Visit button because:
- This note will count as a visit (This ensures alignment with prescribed/authorized visit use)
- This note is required to satisfy the Progress Note Needed alert
- You want to document the treatment provided
Follow the steps below.
- While completing billing on the Billing tab of an evaluative note or the Objective tab of a daily note, check the Custom Code box in the Untimed Codes section (Do Not enter it into the Timed Codes section).
- Enter NO RCM BILLING for the Custom CPT Description.
- Enter NORCM in the CPT # field.
Note: You must enter the NORCM code with all capital letters for it to work.
- Finalize your note. This is how the code should appear in the finalized documentation.
Claims Feed Report
On the Claims Feed Report in the WebPT EMR, the entry will have a status of Not Sent.