Easily keep track of patients looking for appointments with the waitlist.
Known Defect: Google Chrome
When accessing Waitlist in Chrome, Members receive a " Sorry, we encountered some problems: Error: Network error." To resolve, please use the most up-to-date version of Firefox and clear your cache daily. We are actively working on a solution.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Why should I use the waitlist?
- Manage revenue by keeping your calendars full. Cancellations can lead to lost revenue if the spot remains unfilled. With the Waitlist, you can quickly find a patient to fill that appointment.
- Respond to patient needs—faster. The waitlist can assist by getting patients in the door that would otherwise have to wait longer to start the healing process.
- Schedule smarter. Review popularly requested days and times and adjust therapy schedules to meet demand.
Accessing the Waitlist
- Select View Schedule from the Scheduler section.
- The Waitlist is conveniently located inside the Schedule Actions section. Once the Scheduler opens, select the Waitlist link.
- The Waitlist opens in a new window allowing users to access the Waitlist while completing other tasks in the EMR.
Waitlist Fields Column Features
First, let's define each of the columns.
- Name: Includes the Patient's Name, Date of Birth, and Case Name.
- Priority: Prioritize which patients should be scheduled first, with priority the levels None, !, !!, !!! (highest priority). The waitlist will automatically sort the list, placing the highest priority patients first. Within each priority section, the patients are sorted based on when they were added, with the most recently added patient appearing last.
- Availability: Select the patient's available days from the multi-select drop-down.
- Time: Choose available times from Anytime (default), Before Noon, or Afternoon.
- Comment: Text entry field.
- Contact: Automatically fills in the primary phone number listed in the patient's profile.
- Insurance: Automatically fills in the insurance listed in the patient's case.
- Type: Choose the appointment type from the drop-down list. Includes standard and custom appointment types, and each have a corresponding color. This field defaults to Initial Examination.
- Facility: Select the facility where the patient wants to receive treatment. This field defaults to No Preference.
- Schedule: Choose from the Therapist calendars you have access to. Please note that you must add all therapist calendars to your view to be able to choose them from the drop-down. For more information on managing calendar views, click here.
- Trash Can Icon: Remove the patient from the waitlist. Additionally, you'll notice a filter icon at the top of the waitlist. Use this icon to toggle filter options on and off.
You can filter by:
Waitlist Fields Row Features
- Light blue colored rows indicate that a patient has an appointment scheduled in the future. Hover over the row to see the date, time, and type of the next appointment.
- Edit a row by double-clicking on it.
- Save a row by clicking anywhere outside of the row.
Add a Patient to the Waitlist
- Once the waitlist is open, click Add to Waitlist.
- Enter at least three characters of the patient’s name. Select the correct patient and case from the drop-down that appears. If a patient has multiple cases, it is important to select the correct case from the list.
- Complete each of the columns for the patient.
- You can either click anywhere outside the fields in the Waitlist to save or click the button to add another patient.
Scheduling a Patient from the Waitlist
- Select the open time slot in the Scheduler.
- In the Add Appointment window, click Select From Waitlist.
- The waitlist will automatically filter out patients with scheduling preferences that do not fit with the selected day and time. Simply clear the filters if you wish to see all patients on the waitlist.
- Click Schedule to add the patient.
- Select Yes, to confirm scheduling when the dialog box appears
- Click Yes, if you want to remove the patient from the waitlist. This will remove the patient and close the waitlist.
- The patient's details will populate in the Add Appointment window. Confirm the information and click Save to create the appointment.
Adding Cancel/No Show Patient to Waitlist
You can add a patient to the waitlist if they Cancel or No Show directly from the Edit Appointment screen.
- Start by clicking on the patient's appointment in the Scheduler.
- In the Edit Appointment window, click No Show or Cancel.
- In the next window, complete the Reason section and then select Add Patient to the Waitlist for follow-up call check box.
- Click Save.
- Now, when you open your waitlist, the patient will appear on the list. Notice that the comment section indicates that the appointment was a No Show or Cancel with the related date. Any comments you entered will appear in this field as well.
Q: Why do I receive a message that states I have no access to calendars?
A: You have no calendars added to your view. Add these by going to “Manage Calendars” and selecting the necessary calendar. After saving and returning back to the Scheduler, you will see those calendars on the left navigation bar, as well as available in Waitlist. For more information on managing calendar views, click here.
Q: Why doesn't the waitlist show all matching patients in the drop-down?
A: The waitlist shows only patients with active cases. Ensure that you are not attempting to add a patient that has been discharged or deactivated.
Q: I know one of the patients on my waitlist has an upcoming appointment, but they aren't showing up as blue.
A: The patient may have multiple cases. Ensure that you have the correct patient case listed on the waitlist and appointment.