Once you've set up your calendars you can begin Scheduling Appointments, let's take a look at how to add a single appointment or event.
For more details on Appointment Actions, click here.
- Click View Schedule, located under the Scheduler tab.
- Find the day you wish to add an appointment and click the desired time slot to open the Add Appointment window. You can also use Create Event in the Schedule Actions tab to open up the Add Appointment Window.
- Use the Patient Quick Search to find the patient. Type the first or last name of the patient (2 character minimum; Single character last names require only 1 character) and select the correct patient from the What drop-down box, ensuring you have also selected the correct patient case from the drop-down. The specific patient case is noted in parenthesis (Sprained Ankle) as noted here. Choosing the correct case is crucial for accurate reporting and note finalization. If the patient is not in the WebPT EMR skip to step 4a.
- Fill in the details for the appointment.
If the patient is not in WebPT, click Add New Patient. Add New Patient Notes:
- Review or edit the When fields. The When time defaults to your appointment default settings. You can change the time frame as needed with the drop-down menus.
- Select the type of visit in the Type drop-down box.
- You may leave the Status blank.
Note for Keet Integrations:
- When Confirmed is selected this will create a Planned Encounter.
- When Checked-In is selected this will create an Arrived Encounter.
- Enter any relevant notes.
- If Payer Alerts are set up, primary and secondary alerts will appear at the bottom of the Add Appointment window.
- If you expect to send a patient reminder, ensure Add Patient Reminder is checked.
- Click Save, when finished.
To create a repeating appointment, choose from the options in the Repeats drop-down box before clicking the Save button.
Important: Scheduling repeating patient appointments beyond several weeks can cause unforeseen issues, especially if you edit or delete one of the appointments within the sequence. If you need to edit an appointment within a recurring series, end the series with that appointment and begin a new series.
There are a few reasons you may not be able to schedule a specific patient or on a specific calendar.
- Don't use Multiple Tabs: Scheduling an appointment when you have multiple Scheduler tabs open for different clinics, can cause a patient to end up scheduled for an appointment in the wrong location. Please use the Multi Clinic Mode feature if you need to schedule several patients at once. Read more about the effects of using Multi-tab Browsing.
- When using Create Event to schedule an appointment ensure you schedule the patient on the correct Calendar. If you find your provider is not listed, view the Scheduling provider list to determine if the provider is visible for scheduling. You may need to Select additional Calendars to View or Create a New Calendar.
- Midnight Hour Appointments: Appointments scheduled outside of business hours.
- I can't add any appointments - If you are not able to add appointments to the calendar or the provider is not visible in the Scheduling list verify or add the provider using Manage Calendars for the location.
- I can't add or schedule a specific patient - If you cannot schedule a specific patient, verify the patient has an active case to schedule, as discharged patients are not visible from the What drop-down.
Total Provider Daily Visit Count
The total number of visits a provider has on their calendar for the day are displayed beneath the calendar name. This number is often hidden when viewing multiple calendars.
Note: Canceled or No-showed appointments are not included in the count.