WebPT Ideal Setup
As a cloud-based application, WebPT is accessible with most Internet browsers on web-enabled devices. That said, there are some devices that are a bit more WebPT-compatible than others, so depending on your equipment your experience may vary. These recommendations are for optimal performance; if your setup isn’t 100% by the book, don’t sweat it. Chances are that WebPT may still work just fine.
WebPT is a data-intensive application. For optimal performance, we recommend an average Internet connection speed of:
- Ideal Download Speed: at least 25 Mbps (megabits per second)
- Ideal Upload Speed: at least 2 Mbps upload for the average-sized clinic (5-10 users, not including a guest wi-fi network)
For larger clinics, please consult your Internet Service Provider or IT professional for a recommendation. The faster, the better—especially if your clinic uses eDoc, Quick Scan, or runs reports for large time ranges.
The bare minimum Internet connection speeds are 10 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload. To verify your Internet speed, check out this free speed test.
WebPT generally works fine with most modern wireless routers (Wireless “N” or “AC”). Please confirm with your Internet Service Provider which type of router and access points can handle your clinic’s web traffic. The more Internet users you have, the higher the quality and/or quantity of access points you’ll need.
Hardware and Software for PCs
To experience optimal functionality in WebPT, your machine should:
- Operate on Windows 7 or newer (preferably Windows 10) with 8GB of RAM. (4GB will work, but you may experience slowness if you attempt to run more than one program)
- Have a hard drive with at least 500GB of space and 7200 RPM. (Preferably a Solid State Drive at least 128GB)
- Feature a monitor at least 20” wide (to cut down on eye strain). 24” or higher is ideal.
- For screen resolution, we recommend a minimum of 1366 x 768 pixels, though 1920 x 1080 is ideal.
- As for web browsers, WebPT performs best on the latest version of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. But if you’re a WebPT Billing customer, use Internet Explorer 10 only. For antivirus software, we’re partial to ESET Endpoint Anti-Virus Microsoft Security Essentials, which you can download directly from Microsoft free of charge. Kaspersky and McAfee tend to have issues with the EMR.
Hardware and Software for Macintosh
WebPT should work fine on any current model because they all meet our recommended standards of 4GB RAM and 500GB of disk space. Also, WebPT can get a little laggy on older operating systems, so make sure your machine is running on OS X 10.9 Snow Leopard or later. When it comes to Internet browsers, we like the most current version of Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Windows: we give two thumbs up to the Microsoft Surface PRO 3 and higher. For other Windows Tablets, please refer to our recommended specifications listed above for the best experience.
- iPad:* we recommend the 32GB iPad Air. (ideal: iPad Pro 12.9”) We don't currently recommend using the iPad 3G or 4G network connection. While these devices are widely popular and efficient, please keep in mind, iPad browsers function on a mobile platform which limits your screen resolution to 768 x 1024 while web Browsing. (12.9” iPad Pro Boasts 1024 x 1366)
- Android:* with Android devices, they tend to become obsolete at a high rate and typically do not have the processing power to perform efficiently. As well, just like iPads, their browsers work off of a mobile device platform like a smartphone.
- Chromebooks:** while we don’t necessarily discourage the use of a particular device, these devices do pose challenges within the EMR. Simple tasks tend to function just fine. It’s when you get into the more involved tasks that these challenges will surface.
*iPads & Android Devices work off of a mobile device platform, same as your iPhone or Smartphone
**Chromebooks were designed primarily for checking email and simple web browsing. We do not recommend completing documentation on Mobile Devices
For the application to function properly, the user's browser should be set to check for newer versions of cached pages automatically. This prevents errors related to outdated cached information.
Because WebPT sometimes uses pop-ups, users may need to disable their pop-up blockers.
- Due to possible issues with auto-save functionality, we do not recommend having multiple Scheduler tabs open for the same clinic.
- We do not recommend having multiple documentation tabs open for the same patient.
- We do not recommend simultaneously working within different sessions across different browsers.