WebPT's Patient Payment system streamlines the entire payment collection process, allowing you to track dollar amounts received for copayments, coinsurances, deductibles, and other sales transactions including wellness products and therapy supplies sales. You can review detailed summaries of balances and payments collected, as well as create and print payment receipts and histories.
- Copay, Coinsurance, and Deductible information entered into the patient chart carry over to the Scheduler, where you can record payments collected when the patient checks in.
- Payment history is available for each patient case in the patient chart. Track current balances and print a full history.
- The Payment Log provides valuable business insights by tracking money collected and outstanding balances for the entire clinic.
You can enter payment information directly from the appointment on the Scheduler, or in the patient chart.
Looking for information on our integrated credit card processing feature? Click here.
Enter Copay, Coinsurance, and Deductible Information in Patient Chart
Enter copay, coinsurance, and deductible amounts into the Add Insurance/Policy Information screen, and payment types and amounts will carry through to patient appointments.
Navigate to the patient chart, and select Patient Info.
- If you are adding an insurance to a case for the first time, Click Add Insurance, select the insurance and click Next, then enter the amounts into the Policy Information screen.
- If the insurance has already in the case, Edit the insurance and click Next to get to the Policy Information screen.
Click here for instructions on adding and editing insurances.
Record Payments in Appointment
To collect payment when the patient checks in, click on the appointment to open it and view the Appointment Action Buttons.
- If you have entered Copay, Coinsurance, and Deductible Information in the patient chart (see above), click Check In, and the payment screen will open and the payment types and amounts will pull through.
- Otherwise, you must click the Payment button and manually add payment information.
You can access the appointment at any time to record payments.
Record Payments in Case
To record patient payments in the case, navigate to the patient chart, select the appropriate case, and click Patient Payments. Use the Add Payment button to collect a payment for any date of service.
Tip: When you hover over the patient payment, the payment collection date and time display in UTC.
Collect Payment Screen
Each numbered/outlined area is described in detail below.
1. Payment Detail
- A) Date of Service: Appointment date.
- B) Charge Type: Copay, Deductible, Coinsurance, Supplies, Wellness, Other, or Internal Payment. (P) indicates Primary Insurance and (S) indicates Secondary Insurance.
- C) Amount Due: If entered in the patient chart (see above), the amount will populate; otherwise you must add manually.
- D) Description: Text field to customize payment description if desired.
- E) Paid: Check to indicate payment received.
- F) Trash Icon: Delete charge.
2. Use the Add Charge button to record an additional payment.
3. Date of Transaction automatically defaults to the date you record the payment and cannot be changed. Payment Method is required; select Cash, Debit Card, Credit Card, HSA Card or Check. Entering card or check details is optional.
4. Total Due for all charges on the payment screen, Total Paid auto-calculates based on payments checked Paid, and Remaining Balance auto-calculates based on payments not checked Paid.
5. Indicate which Provider the payment should be associated with.
6. After collecting payment, use the drop-down menu to save the transaction and either close the screen, print a receipt or print a full payment history for that patient’s case. Note: You can only print a receipt at the time of payment collection when using the Scheduler.
Print Payment Receipt and History
- Print Receipt: Receipts can be printed only on the Date of Transaction (date payment was recorded). Note: You can only print a receipt at the time of payment collection when using the Scheduler.
- Print History: You can print History at any time.
- To print a custom date range, use the Payment Log.
Run the Payment Log to review collections and outstanding balances for the entire clinic, and print date-specific records.