Tracking Patient Visits
Manage your patients' Total Visits, Authorized Visits, and Insurance Policy Visits right in the patient chart.
Visit count information entered into a patient case is also tracked in the At a Glance section of the WebPT Dashboard.
The Total Visits for a patient appear on the Visits in Case field in a patient’s chart and shows the total number of visits for a patient case, counted by finalized notes. The Total Visit count will restart (from zero) if an Initial Examination is completed on a patient case that was previously discharged.
This information is also included in the Subjective tab of any note.
The Total Visits for a patient appear on the Visits section of the Case Summary in a patient’s chart and shows the total number and any in-progress notes containing a CPT code with minutes for a patient's case. Once a case is discharged you cannot reopen the case by completing an Initial Examination, you will need to start a new case.
Patient Visits can also be seen from the Calendar by hovering over the appointment.
- The Total Visit count will only include Daily notes when it contains charges.
- The Visit # on the Edit Appointment window is a static field for Members using SOAP 2.0, this means you cannot edit the number of visits from this area of the WebPT Scheduler.
Incorrect Total Visit count
If the Total Visit count appears incorrect: Ensure all notes have been finalized.
SOAP 1.0 users can view open notes from the patient's records section in the patient chart.
Or by running the Missed Notes report.
SOAP 2.0 users can view open notes from the patient's records section in the patient chart.
Click the patient's Previous Appointments to check for any discrepancies in the case and ensure all finalized Daily Notes with charges are accounted for.
The Authorized Visits for a patient in SOAP 1.0 appear on the Auth/Ins Visits field in the patient’s chart.
The Authorized Visits for a patient in SOAP 2.0 appear in the Case Summary in the patient chart.
- This information is pulled from the patient’s case based on the details entered in the Authorization Manager. Read about how to Add an Insurance Authorization.
- Only the current authorization shows in the patient chart
- Expired authorizations remain on the patient chart and in the authorization report until a new authorization is added to the case through Patient Info.
Insurance Policy Visits
The Insurance Policy Visits for a patient also appear on the Auth/Ins Visits field in the patient’s chart.
- Insurance Policy visits in multiple cases with the same insurance are automatically tracked across cases. Read about how to Add Insurance Policy visits
The Insurance Policy visits and expiration date for a patient’s policy also appear in the Insurance Policy Status section of the SOAP 2.0 Case Summary.