How to Add and Edit a Patient
Quick Add Patient
You also have the option to use the Quick Add patient functionality. This form allows you to quickly create patients and get them scheduled without a complete patient profile. However, for Members with WebPT Billing, Therabill, or another billing integration with the Prevent Note Finalization setting enabled, therapists won't be able to finalize notes for patients with incomplete profiles until their patient information is completed. This ensures that only completed patient records flow into your billing integration, preventing billing errors and delayed claims. We only recommend enabling Quick Add if your practice has strong patient information collection workflows, otherwise, your therapists may be prevented from finalizing notes in a timely manner.
On each step, use the provided hyperlink to discover tips, tricks, and field requirements for each section. Click here to review how to Edit Patients.
- Click the Add Patient link located under the Patient Manager.
- Complete the Patient Info section.
- Add an Address for the Patient.
- Add Contact Info for the patient.
- Optional: Complete the Identifications tab.
- Add the patient's Insurance to their chart.
- Add a Case to the patient chart.
- Optional: Allow the patient to be treated at a different Clinic.
- Click the Save Patient button at the bottom of the page.
Note: If you are missing the required information to add a new patient, you will receive an alert that explains which areas have not been completed successfully.
All new patients appear in the New Patients section of the dashboard. Once an Initial Examination has been completed for a patient, their name is removed from the list.
- To begin, locate the patient record. Start by clicking Display Patients, located in the Patient Manager.
- Search for the patient using any of the available search fields, including Name, Birth Date, Therapist, Insurance, Insurance Type, Status, etc.
- Find the patient and click the Edit link. This will take you directly to the Patient Info screen.
- In the Patient Info section, click Edit.
- Update information as needed and use the Save Patient button to save your changes.
Note: If clinic settings have changed, you may be prompted to enter the newly required information.