Use the Smart Text Manager to create standard documentation phrases for your patients and for your clinic. When you start typing in a Smart Text field while in a note, the phrases will populate and you can select the appropriate phrase. When used with Customized IE Profiles, you can significantly cut down the time you spend on notes.
Note: Smart Text has been replaced by Advanced Profiles in SOAP 2.0 documentation.
Smart Text is available in the following fields:
- History of Present Condition/Mechanism of Injury (Subjective)
- Complaints/Gains (Subjective)
- Functional Deficit/Gains (Subjective, Daily Note only)
- Assessment/Diagnosis (Assessment)
- Patient Education (Assessment)
- Goals (Assessment)
- Problems (Assessment)
Note: You can add commonly used Problems and Goals phrases to the Smart Text Manager while in a note by checking the Add To Smart Text checkbox. Phrases for all other fields must be entered directly into the Smart Text Manager.
- Click Smart Text in the Tools box.
- Click on a tab to create a phrase.
- Enter your smart text into the Add New Phrase text box and click Add New Phrase.
- Click Edit next to the phrase you want to update.
- Make changes as needed and click Edit Phrase to save.
- Check the Delete checkbox next to the phrase you want to delete.
- Click the Bulk Update button to remove.
Public Smart Text (Clinic Admins only)
Users with Clinic Admin permissions can make phrases available to all the clinics that the Clinic Admin user has access to in your company.
- Check the Make Phrase Public box before clicking the Add New Phrase button.
- You can make a phrase private by unchecking the Public check box and then clicking the Bulk Update button, or by clicking the Edit link, unchecking the Public check box, and clicking the Edit New Phrase button