The WebPT EMR features an External Documents tool that can be used to upload clinic files to a specific location. You have the ability to scan or upload files directly into the system. This is a convenient place to store any templates your clinic has created or safely store other clinic documents you may need in case of a disaster such as a fire or weather incident.
These might include:
- Patient Intake forms
- HIPAA Acknowledgement Agreement
- Medicare ABN
- No-Show/Cancellation Policy
- Proof of purchase equipment invoices or photos
Note: The largest file size for one document is 4 MB. Upload larger documents in multiple sections or reduce image quality settings to decrease file size. Acceptable file types include PDF, JPG, TIFF, DOC, and XLS.
- In the Tools section on the left-hand side, click External Documents.
- Select Quick Scan to scan a document directly into the chart. Click here for Quick Scan Setup instructions.
- Click Browse to upload a document already saved to the device you are using.
- If you select Browse, locate the file to upload. Click on the file or type in the name. Then click Open.
- Type in a document Name.
- Change the Date of Receipt if necessary.
- Click the Signed Note checkbox if the document is signed.
- Click Save Document.
After a document has been added, they will appear in the External Clinic Documents.
For each file, you’ll have the following Options: