Improvement Activities (Setup & Attestation)
In this article, we’ll review how to set up, select, and attest to your Improvement Activities in the WebPT MIPS portal.
Improvement Activity Setup
- Log into the MIPS portal https://webpt.mips.healthmonix.com.
- Click the Admin tab at the top of the page.
- Then, select Dashboard next to your Practice name.
- Click Begin in the Improvement Activities section.
You’ll be directed to the IA Checklist page. Here, you can review the component guidelines, determine what you are required to report (this will be impacted by your small practice status), and then select your activities.
- From the Overview section, click Go To Page.
- Review the guidelines for the component here; when done, click Checklist.
- In the Determine Reporting Requirement section, select Go To Page.
- Take this survey to determine how many activity points your group is required to achieve for this category.
- Answering Yes to questions #1-7 here will reduce your Required Points to 20 (from 40).
- We expect question #1 (Are you in a group with 15 or fewer participants?) to be most relevant to our Members. Your selection here should align with the Small Practice Status survey question answered during setup (i.e. both Yes or both No).
- Click Submit when complete.
Don’t forget that we have compiled a list of 15 relevant Improvement Activities with demonstrative examples to help you choose activities that are most beneficial to rehab therapists.
- In the Select Activities section, click Go To Page.
- Use the filters on the left-hand side of the page to search for Improvement Activities. You can use one filter at a time or search using various criteria. Toggle each section to open.
- Each activity contains an activity weight. Remember: You’ll need to complete enough activities to reach the Points Needed total displayed on the right. (Medium-weighted activity = 10 points, High-weighted activity = 20 points)
- You can click on the title of the activity to read the description and validation criteria. When you have decided on an activity, click Select.
- If you decide against completing an activity, you can click the x to remove it from your selections on the right.
- Select enough activities to ensure that your Points Selected total matches your Points Needed total. A Continue button will appear when these values match. Click this button.
- Important: Each Improvement Activity can only be reported once during the 12-month performance period unless otherwise specified within the Improvement Activity description.
Track & Attest
Let’s review how to monitor and attest to Improvement Activities. Remember, only one MIPS-eligible provider (identified by TIN/NPI) from your group (identified by TIN) will need to complete the tracking and attestation. Once the attestation is complete, all associated NPIs will receive credit for the Improvement Activities.
- From the Track & Attest page, select the Add Start Date next to the activity.
- Select a starting date using the Date Activity Started calendar icon. Remember, all activities must be performed for a continuous 90 days.
- If you are still in the process of completing your activity, you can click the Save button in the bottom-right corner to save your start date.
- If you are completing your attestation after the 90-day period, use the calendar icon in the Date Activity Completed field to select the end date for your activity.
- Entering Notes is optional.
- Use the Select All button to include all NPI’s in your practice in this attestation.
- Finally, if you have any supporting documentation for this activity, you can include it in the Upload Files section. Start by clicking + Add File.
- Type in the File Title and Description.
- Use the Choose File button to select a file in one of the following formats: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and PDF (.doc, .xls, .ppt, .pdf). Then, click Upload to save the file.
- Click Save.
You’ll be navigated back to the Track & Attest page.
- In the Action column, select Attest to complete this process.
- On the next page, you’ll be asked to enter your initials and your full name.
- When done, click Save.
- On the Track & Attest page, this activity will display as Completed.
- You’ll need to complete the Track & Attest steps for each of your chosen measures.
- As you complete and attest to measures, your IA Performance score in the top-right corner will show your progress to the point threshold.
When you have attested to your last Improvement Activity, you’ll be automatically navigated to the Requirements section to confirm your submission.
- In the Activities To Send To CMS, click Go To Page.
- Confirm that the information listed here is correct and that you are satisfied with the points you’re reporting.
- Ensure the checkboxes for each measure are selected, and click Save and Continue.
- Everything is now ready to submit when CMS opens their reporting period for 2019 (January 1, 2020).