While you’ll encounter many improvement activities listed on the QPP Website, we’ve compiled a list of the top 15 activities that are most beneficial to rehab therapists. Below, we’ve included these activities along with a demonstrative example.
- You can only report an activity once during the performance period
- Each activity must be performed for 90 or more continuous days
- For group reporting: at least 50% of the clinicians in a reporting group (identified by TIN) will have to complete each improvement activity in order for a group to attest to its completion.
Step 1: Determine Activity Requirements
First, determine how many activities you need to report to achieve the full 40 category points. Click to access the complete MIPS scoring guide.
Step 2: Select Activities
Now that you’ve determined how many activities you need to report, you’ll need to select which ones are the most relevant for your organization. Click here to jump to the Select Activities section.
Step 3: Perform and Record
- After you select your activities, it’s time to determine how your clinic plans to perform them.
- Once you have a plan in place, execute for 90 continuous days or more.
- Remember, during this time you should document exactly what you’ve done—including methods, findings, or any applicable information for your chosen activities. This information not only helps you understand the impact of the improvement activity on your practice but also becomes essential in the case of an audit.
- Store this information securely. You can even upload any documentation associated with your activities in the External Documents section of the WebPT EMR (located in the Tools group of the left-side navigation bar).
Step 4: Attest Using the MIPS Portal
Note: For the 2020 reporting year, at least 50% of the clinicians in a reporting group (identified by TIN) will have to complete each improvement activity in order for a group to attest to its completion.
For more information and instructions on attesting to the completion of Improvement Activities, please see: Improvement Activities (Setup & Attestation).
The full list of activities is available here. While there are more than 100 improvement activities available, we’ll focus on the activities that the APTA recommends, as they are most relevant to rehab therapy practices. The Activity ID will help you locate the activity on the QPP website.
Looking for more information on how to make lasting quality improvements to your practice? Check out these resources.