My Missed Notes Report shows a Patient with a Finalized Note (No Charges)
When you run a Missed Notes Report, it will list patients that do not have daily notes completed for a particular date of service. If you notice a patient listed on the report that does have a completed note for that date of service, an evaluative note type (Initial Examination, Re-examination, Progress note) may have been finalized without adding a daily note.
Here's how to correct this.
- Navigate to the patient's chart by clicking on the patient's name in the report.
- Use the Patient Record Actions drop-down and select Add Daily Note. Use the play button to open the note.
- Set the Date of Daily Note field to the date of the evaluative note. In our example, it is 7/28/17.
- Adding in the charges in the Objective tab, and finalize the note.
- Regenerate the report. Your patient will no longer appear.
- For Medicare patients, complete the steps above and then call WebPT Support. The notes must be manually linked in the backend.