Missed Notes Report
The Missed Notes Report ensures notes are completed for each scheduled patient visit by comparing the patient name and case in a scheduled appointment to the patient name and case in the patient chart. It is important that appointments and notes are created for the same case and that there is a note finalized for each Date of Service. We recommend running this report at the beginning of the day or end of the day, depending on your clinic's preference.
Any patients documented in SOAP 2.0 will not appear on this report. Please use the Missed Notes report in Analytics. Click here for a list of all reports that don't include SOAP 2.0 data and the Analytics report you should use instead.
Information in the report includes:
- Patient Name
- Therapist: Therapist initials of who is assigned to the case
- Doc Status: Missing or Draft
- Appt Date
If an appointment is marked No Show or Cancel from the appointment on the Scheduler, the patient will not show in the report. The report will clear when notes are finalized or by using the appointment action buttons to indicate a cancel/no show in an appointment.
- Click Missed Notes Report in the Reports box.
- Select report parameters.
- Click Generate Report. Note: If you run the report and nothing populates on the report, this means there are no missing notes.
If the Doc Status shows as Missing, it means the note was never started for the appointment. If the Doc Status shows as Draft, it means that the note was started but left open. This is generally acceptable as there is usually a good reason as to why it was left open. Another reason why a patient may show up on this report is if the patient canceled the appointment, but the cancellation was not canceled in the system.
Note: Click on the patient name to link directly into the case the appointment was scheduled in.
Have therapists with the same initials?
You can easily add a middle initial to distinguish their accounts by completing these steps
- Update the Full Name field to include the middle initial in the User Manager
- Update the calendar names from the Calendar Settings and User Permissions section to also include the middle initial
- Check out this article for more detailed steps.