MIPS Setup: Group Reporting
In order to begin reporting MIPS, you'll need to complete a one-time setup. This article discusses the setup steps for reporting MIPS as a Group. To report as an individual, follow these instructions.
MIPS Clinic Setup for Group Reporting
- If you are an administrator, click the MIPS Setup link in the Tools section.
- You must agree to the Waiver Authorization that pops up. This waiver is required in order to submit your data to CMS as the end of the reporting period.
- Select the Group checkbox. Important: Reporting as a group means that everyone in the clinics associated with the EIN will be required to report MIPS for every patient (not just Medicare), even if they are not mandated.
- In the Group Select Notice window, click I Understand to proceed with reporting as a group.
- Review the EIN and associated clinics that will be reporting under it. When complete, click Verify and Select Measures.
- Once verified, the fields cannot be edited.
- Next, select your measures. All are enabled by default.
- When done, click Save.
- Important: You will not be able to save your selections if you have chosen less than 6 measures for a user type.
Because your organization has decided to enroll as a group (by selecting the Group checkbox above), all eligible providers will be automatically be enrolled in MIPS and will have a “Group” designation in the MIPS column of the User Manager.
No additional steps are needed.