The Payment Log displays all patient payment information for the clinic so that you do not have to access individual charts to determine amounts paid and the amount due.
- Determine how much money the clinic collected over a specific time period as well as any outstanding balances.
- Create a copay log to track the copays that the clinic has collected as well as those still outstanding (this is helpful for clinics with integrated billing).
- Export the log as a CSV file directly from WebPT to a billing system.
To run the report:
- Click Payment Log in the Reports box.
- Select Start and End Dates.
- Use the Group By drop-down to choose whether you'd like the group by Date of Service or by Date of Transaction. Important: all payments within the selected date range will appear, regardless of how you've grouped them. For example: If you run the report for 1/17/20 - 1/17/20, all payments with a Date of Service or Date of Transaction of 1/17/20 will appear, but how they will be grouped is determined by the Group By drop-down.
- Next filter by Therapist, Patient, Charge Type, or Payment Method, if desired. Leave fields blank to generate all data.
- Click Generate Report.
- Group By: You can group the reports by Date of Service (default) or Date of Transaction.
- Patient: If you’d like to run the Payment Log for a specific patient, type the patient’s name here.
- Charge Type: Options include Copay, Deductible, Coinsurance, Supplies, Wellness, Other, and Internal Payment.
- Payment Method: Options include Cash, Debit Card, Credit Card, HSA, and Check.
- Arrow icons: Click to expand the displayed data.
- Totals: At the bottom of the Payment Log, you’ll see grand totals. These figures include total charges and total payments received as well as a breakdown of how the clinic received those payments. You’ll also see the total outstanding balance that the clinic needs to collect.