Add Medicare Cap Used in Patient Chart
When transitioning Medicare patients to WebPT from a previous EMR, it is important to add in the previous dollar amount billed. This will allow you to track progress toward the Medicare Review Threshold, indicating when the KX modifier should be applied.
- Navigate to the patient’s chart and click Patient Info.
- In the Insurance section, click the Edit icon for the Medicare insurance.
- Click Next on the Edit Insurance window and then Next on the Policy Information window.
- Enter the previous dollars spent for the year into the OT and PT/SLP fields.
- Click Next, and then select OK.
- Remember to scroll to the bottom of the page and use the Save Patient button to save your changes.