How do I Delete (Inactivate) an Insurance?
Watch the video:
Inactive profiles and all associated data will not flow into Analytics reports, and all previous data tied to the payer record will be deleted. This will impact reporting on insurance, billing, and payer mix.
You should only inactivate insurance if:
- It is a duplicate without any patient data tied to it;
- It was a test record you created to assist with learning the application (generally during onboarding); or
- You created it in error.
Steps to Inactivate
Only Insurance Admins can complete the following steps.
- Click Display Insurance from the Insurance Manager.
Use the Insurance Search to narrow your list of insurances to the record you want to make inactive.
- Click Edit, to open up the insurance for editing.
- Use the Status drop-down menu at the top of the profile and select Inactive.
- Complete the inactivation of the record and save your changes using the Edit Insurance button at the bottom of the page.
- To locate an inactive record, set your search filter to inactive and key in any additional search terms.
- You can easily reactivate the profiles at any time.