Known Issue: Administrative Discharges are appearing on the Billed Units report. To filter these out:
- Click on the Visit Type column header and choose Filter
- Choose Not = as the Comparison option, and select Administrative Discharge from the Value menu as shown below.
- Click Add.
Billed Units is an Analysis Grid style report that provides CPT code details, including the number of units for every billable service in the selected date range. Please note that charge G-codes won’t flow into Analytics.
- This report pulls data based on Date of Service.
- Only billable CPT codes are included in this report.
- SOAP 1.0: A code is billable if it occurs in a finalized note and does not contain the NC001 or NORCM codes.
- SOAP 2.0: A code is billable if it occurs in a finalized note that is not marked as "Do Not Bill".
- Visit Type: If you are documenting in both SOAP 1.0 and 2.0, you will see slightly different naming conventions. For example, Initial Evaluation and Initial Evaluation - Certification are 2.0, while Initial Examination is 1.0. Unhide the Note Source column for additional clarity.
Run and Customize the Report
- You can filter which clinics appear in the report using the View Clinics by: drop-down menu and corresponding (…) menu.
- Select the Date Range. Please Note: The default is the previous week.
- Add Filters to create specific data segments using any of the column values in the report.
- Select Add Chart to visualize the data. Charts can be saved and displayed in your custom Dashboards.
- Use the Column Headers to Sort, Filter, Group, Aggregate, or Format the report output.
- Once you've manipulated the report to your liking, you can save the customizations to your Saved Reports to run again later or share it with others in your organization.
Click here, to learn more about Common Uses for the Billed Units report.
Removing 0 Units
There are a few reasons why zero units may appear:
- You accidentally billed out zero units
- You billed a G-code (these do not flow into Analytics)
- You billed a custom CPT code. Custom CPT codes flow into Analytics with zero units, regardless of the number of units listed in the note
To remove any zeros (which can impact aggregate averages), filter by the Units column using the Greater Than comparison rule and inputting “0” as the value. Click Add to apply the filter.
You can locate this report in the Billed Units section of Reports in Analytics. If you do not see the report listed in this section, ensure that you have the correct Analytics Access permission.
|Clinic Name||The clinic location where the patient’s note was finalized.||Patient Notes|
|Visit ID||The unique identification number for a patient note.||Patient Note|
|Patient Name||The patient's name as entered in the Patient Info section of the patient chart.||First Name and Last Name fields in the Patient Info section|
|Date of Service||The date and time the note was finalized.||Date of Service field in the finalized SOAP note|
|Date of Finalization||The date and time the note was finalized.||Patient Notes|
|Addendum||A yes/no field indicating whether an Addendum has been completed for the note.||Patient Notes|
|Documenting Therapist||The provider who forwarded the note. If the note was not forwarded, this field will default to the provider who finalized the note. (This ensures that assistant user types are included in Analytics reporting.)||Patient Notes|
|Finalizing Therapist||The provider who finalized the note.||Patient Notes|
|Payer Type||The insurance type for the primary insurance added to the patient's case.||Type drop-down in the Add/Edit Insurance window|
|Primary Insurance||The name of the primary insurance listed in the patient's case.||Primary Insurance drop-down in the Add/Edit Case window|
|Secondary Insurance Type||The insurance type of the patient's secondary insurance.||WebPT EMR|
|Secondary Insurance||The name of the patient's secondary insurance.||WebPT EMR|
|Place of Service||The location where the patient was seen. The most recent place of service appears in this field (in instances where an addendum was completed on the note and the POS changed).||Pulled from the Place of Service drop-down on the note.|
|Visit Type||The type of note selected (e.g., Daily Note). Quick Discharge note types are not included. Important: If you are documenting in both SOAP 1.0 and 2.0, you will see slightly different naming conventions for the various notes.||Note type selected from the Patient Record Actions drop-down.|
|Modifier||This is the prefix, suffix, and modifier(s) for the CPT Code in a single line.||Billing sheet/charge summary|
|CPT Prefix (Hidden)||The prefix for the CPT code. Unhide this field using the Columns option under the Gear icon.||Billing sheet/charge summary|
|CPT Code||The CPT code used on the billing tab of the SOAP note.||Billing sheet/charge summary|
|CPT Suffix (Hidden)||The CPT code suffix. Unhide this field using the Columns option under the Gear icon.||Billing sheet/charge summary|
|CPT Modifier (Hidden)||The modifiers applied to the CPT code. The KX modifier is a common example. Unhide this field using the Columns option under the Gear icon.|| Billing sheet/charge summary
|Units||The total number of units in the billing sheet attributed to the CPT code.||Billing sheet/charge summary|
|Note Source (Hidden)||Displays where the finalized charge was added (SOAP 1.0 or 2.0). Unhide this field using the Columns option under the Gear icon.||Note location|