Missed Notes (Analytics Report)
Missed Notes is an Analysis Grid report that displays patients who are missing documentation. This report compares the patient name and case in a scheduled appointment to the patient name and case in the patient chart and then confirms that there is not a note present for the same Date of Service as the scheduled appointment. If an appointment is marked No Show or Cancel from the appointment on the Scheduler, the patient will not show in the report.
Run and Customize the Report
- Choose which clinics appear in the report using the View Clinics by: drop-down and corresponding (…) button.
- Select the desired Date Range.
- Add custom Filters to create specific segments of data using any of the column values in the report.
- Select Add Chart to visualize the data. Charts can be saved and displayed in your Custom Dashboards.
- Use Column Headers to Sort, Filter, Group, Aggregate, or Format the report output.
- Once you've manipulated the report to your liking, you can save the customizations to your Saved Reports to run again later or share it with others in your organization.
One of the common issues with patients who have multiple cases is that the patient’s appointment was scheduled under one case and the note was completed in another. This creates a missed note entry, even though the date of service was documented. We’ve provided an easy indicator in the Case Mismatch field. This field looks at the Date of Service, if the patient has a scheduled appointment for one case and a finalized note in another case, it will display Yes.
You can locate this report in the Notes section of Reports in Analytics. If you do not see the report listed in this section, ensure that you have the correct Analytics Access permission.
Column Field Descriptions
|Clinic||The clinic where the appointment was scheduled.||Scheduler/Patient Appointments|
|Patient Name||The full name of the patient.||First Name and Last Name fields in the Patient Info section|
|Case Title||Title of the corresponding case in the patient's appointment.||Patient Case|
|Diagnosis Code||The primary diagnosis code for the patient. If multiple diagnosis codes exist, the first code is the primary.||Patient Case|
|Treating Therapist||The name of the therapist/therapist's calendar that appears in the patient's appointment.||Scheduler/Patient Appointments|
|Case Therapist||The assigned therapist for the corresponding case.||Patient Case|
|Date of Service||The date of service listed in the patient's appointment.||Scheduler/Patient Appointments|
|Case Mismatch||Yes: indicates that the patient has a note in a different case for the same date of service as the scheduled appointment. This can usually can be corrected by updating the scheduled appointment to reflect the correct case. No: indicates the patient does not have any notes created for the same date of service as the scheduled appointment.||Scheduler and Patient Case|