Open Notes is an Analysis Grid report that displays patients with notes that have not been finalized. This report displays patients with scheduled appointments, whose notes for that date of service have been started but not finalized.
Note: Open Addenda are not included in this report. We recommend using the Missed Notes report to find any open addenda.
Run and Customize the Report
- Choose which clinics appear in the report using the View Clinics by: drop-down menu and corresponding (…) button.
- Select the desired Date Range.
- Add custom Filters to create specific segments of data using any of the column values in the report.
- Select Add Chart to visualize the data. Charts can be saved and displayed in your Custom Dashboards.
- Use Column Headers to Sort, Filter, Group, Aggregate, or Format the report output.
- Once you've manipulated the report to your liking, you can save the customizations to your Saved Reports to run again later or share it with others in your organization.
You can locate this report in the Notes section of Reports in Analytics. If you do not see the report listed in this section, ensure that you have the correct Analytics Access permission.
Column Field Descriptions
|Clinic||The clinic where the note was started.||Patient note|
|Patient Name||The full name of the patient.||First Name and Last Name fields in the Patient Info section|
|Case Title||Title of the corresponding case in the patient's chart.||Patient case|
|Diagnosis Code||The primary diagnosis code for the patient. If multiple diagnosis codes exist, the first code is the primary.||Patient note|
|Documentation Therapist||The provider who started the note. If the note was forwarded, this field will default to the provider who forwarded the note. (This ensures that assistant user types are included in Analytics reporting.)||Patient note|
|Case Therapist||The assigned therapist for the corresponding case.||Patient case|
|Note Type||The type of note that is not finalized.||Note type selected from the Patient Record Actions drop-down|
|Date of Service||The date of service listed on the note.||Patient note|
|Case Mismatch||Yes: indicates that the case where the note was started does not match to the case on the scheduled appointment. This can usually can be corrected by updating the scheduled appointment to reflect the correct case. No: Indicates that the patient's note was created in the same case as the scheduled appointment.||Scheduler and Patient Case|