Outcomes in Documentation
Note: OMTs are only reported on evaluative note types (Initial Exam, Progress Note, Re-exam, or Discharge Summary).
Evaluative Notes: Objective Tab
Important: WebPT Outcomes users can use the following process if the patient outcome has not already been staged using one of our Outcomes Intake Methods.
- If you are using the WebPT Outcomes reporting product, select one of the included outcomes from the drop-down menu in the Outcome Measurement Tools section of the Objective tab. If you do not use one of the available OMTs, this case won't be included in Outcomes Reporting.
- If you do not use WebPT Outcomes or if you would like to include another OMT, use the Add Test box to locate your desired OMT.
- Once you’ve selected a test, use the Yes radio button to reveal the test details and score fields.
- Click Show Test to view all questions on a single page. You can quickly transcribe patient answers using this method. When finished, use the Calculate Total button to generate the score. Alternatively, you can print the test for the patient to take.
- If using the WebPT Outcomes reporting product, the outcome test will contain the Outcome questionnaire as well as additional questions about pain, patient satisfaction, and perception, if the proper Clinic Settings are enabled.
Many of the Company and National Reports available in WebPT Outcomes—like the Clinic Report Card—only include patients with complete data set. In Outcomes, a patient has a complete data set when they have a completed survey at Initial Evaluation and Discharge Summary.
However, we recognize that many patients fail to return to therapy and may not have a completed survey at discharge. In this instance, if the patient's case has a completed OMT on the Progress Note and is Quick Discharged, the system will convert the Progress Note Survey to a Discharge survey. This ensures a complete data set for patients who self-discharge or are otherwise unable to complete their course of care.